Techo's (Stock) Planet Revamp V0.10

Mrpasta44

15 hours ago, Cytauri said:

This is looking great! I do have a question, how may I make this work with a mod like:

Firstly, thank you for linking my thread here. I might use this mod myself, it looks amazing!
I'll check it out and see if it works out of the box. Minmar Kerbin Rings does not modify planetary surfaces, only orbits- so it may just work fine as-is.
Edit: It seems like this mod is re-writing a lot of values in the affected stock planets that it really doesn't need to be. I'm not sure why this is- you'd think it would break compatibility with a lot of mods for no real reason. But I can probably fix it by running my mod's changes after this mod.

Edited by Lithium-7

15 hours ago, Cytauri said:

This is looking great! I do have a question, how may I make this work with a mod like:

//Reapply Minmar Kerbin Rings orbit/properties changes after Techo's Stock Planet Revamp
@Kopernicus:AFTER[Q_TPR]
{
    @Body[Minmus]
    {	
		@Properties
        {
			%description = Minmus is the smallest moon orbiting Kerbin. From the surface of Kerbin, it is clear in the sky, sheparding her beautiful rings and holding them in shape. \n\nBut it wasn't always this way- about 300 years before the space program was founded, Minmus was captured and passed uncomfortably close to Kerbin, forming Kerbin's rings and emptying the collective bowels of Kerbal civilization of the era. It was only safely circularized thanks to the Mun. \n\nSince then, though, Minmus has become far more popular, especially once Kerbals began comparing it to a scoop of mint ice cream.
			tidallyLocked = true //Tidal forces at this altitude would cause locking.
			initialRotation = 40 //Done so that the Greater Flats face Kerbin.
		}
        @Orbit
		{
			//roche limit for minmus and kerbin is a bit less than 1800km
			//Simulated in Universe Sandbox, I found this setup to be quite stable, and made the new texture based on this simulation.
			semiMajorAxis				= 2000000 //3000000
			eccentricity = 0 //The Mun helped to circularize Minmus in this orbit.
			inclination = 1 //More stable orbit, rings aren't inclined in this version
		}
    }
}

Just put this in a .cfg file and put it in your GameData folder. That should correct any incompatibilities for now.

Edited by Lithium-7

18 minutes ago, Lithium-7 said:
//Reapply Minmar Kerbin Rings orbit/properties changes after Techo's Stock Planet Revamp
@Kopernicus:AFTER[Q_TPR]
{
    @Body[Minmus]
    {	
		@Properties
        {
			%description = Minmus is the smallest moon orbiting Kerbin. From the surface of Kerbin, it is clear in the sky, sheparding her beautiful rings and holding them in shape. \n\nBut it wasn't always this way- about 300 years before the space program was founded, Minmus was captured and passed uncomfortably close to Kerbin, forming Kerbin's rings and emptying the collective bowels of Kerbal civilization of the era. It was only safely circularized thanks to the Mun. \n\nSince then, though, Minmus has become far more popular, especially once Kerbals began comparing it to a scoop of mint ice cream.
			tidallyLocked = true //Tidal forces at this altitude would cause locking.
			initialRotation = 40 //Done so that the Greater Flats face Kerbin.
		}
        @Orbit
		{
			//roche limit for minmus and kerbin is a bit less than 1800km
			//Simulated in Universe Sandbox, I found this setup to be quite stable, and made the new texture based on this simulation.
			semiMajorAxis				= 2000000 //3000000
			eccentricity = 0 //The Mun helped to circularize Minmus in this orbit.
			inclination = 1 //More stable orbit, rings aren't inclined in this version
		}
    }
}

Just put this in a .cfg file and put it in your GameData folder. That should correct any incompatibilities for now.

Thanks for the fixed config! I'm glad you like this mod too.

1 hour ago, Lithium-7 said:

Firstly, thank you for linking my thread here. I might use this mod myself, it looks amazing!
I'll check it out and see if it works out of the box. Minmar Kerbin Rings does not modify planetary surfaces, only orbits- so it may just work fine as-is.
Edit: It seems like this mod is re-writing a lot of values in the affected stock planets that it really doesn't need to be. I'm not sure why this is- you'd think it would break compatibility with a lot of mods for no real reason. But I can probably fix it by running my mod's changes after this mod.

have tested the pack and most visual mods work fine, OPM and MPE work too. mods that edit orbits might not work depending on MM load order
I love how your mod looks with mine :D

7 minutes ago, Mrpasta44 said:

have tested the pack and most visual mods work fine, OPM and MPE work too. mods that edit orbits might not work depending on MM load order
I love how your mod looks with mine :D

I would use your mod in my current playthrough, but it looks like it still doesn't have new biome maps yet. Is that right? Or do the original biomes line up?

6 minutes ago, Lithium-7 said:

I would use your mod in my current playthrough, but it looks like it still doesn't have new biome maps yet. Is that right? Or do the original biomes line up?

They should roughly line up, i am planning on making custom ones in the future

6 hours ago, Mrpasta44 said:

They should roughly line up, i am planning on making custom ones in the future

This mod looks amazing (I really like the algae bloom on Kerbin) but I do have a small critique, any of the secret and DLC launch sites either don't exist or are in very odd places that do not match the context that they were in the stock planet. For example, the Woomerang launch site is in some pit in the mountains, and the Desert launch site is in the mountains too with hardly a desert to be seen. Finally, when I look for the secret launch sites that were added in 1.12, they simply don't exist. I'm not sure if this is Kopernicus's fault but it really does make me confused with the launch sites. On the other hand, the KSC launch site is simply amazing as it matches up with the beach like setting it was meant to be! That hit the nail right on the head! Those are all my critiques and I do hope you continue working on this mod as we need a stock planet revamp! I used to follow another stock planet revamp thread that looked incredible as well:

but the modder had other IRL things to do which is completely fine (and admirable as we all need to step away from our computers), but I'm just happy you are making one yourself! 

7 hours ago, Cytauri said:

any of the secret and DLC launch sites either don't exist or are in very odd places that do not match the context that they were in the stock planet.

Had  issues with getting them where i wanted so i left them as is for now, expect them to be in pretty spots soon tho <:

The future is now, I've made biome maps for Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Eve, Gilly and Moho so far.

Also coming soon, Kerbol! With a classic looking sunflare from Sushut!
Ob8w4sF.png
(messing with Minmar Kerbin Rings compatibility as well)

The next update should have all this, plus Dres and an improved Duna :D

Edited by Mrpasta44

4 hours ago, Mrpasta44 said:

The future is now, I've made biome maps for Kerbin, Mun, Minmus, Eve, Gilly and Moho so far.

Also coming soon, Kerbol! With a classic looking sunflare from Sushut!
Ob8w4sF.png
(messing with Minmar Kerbin Rings compatibility as well)

The next update should have all this, plus Dres and an improved Duna :D

it looks sick! did you change the size of kerbol?

36 minutes ago, Mrpasta44 said:

Kerbol has been shrunk down to a more reasonable size yes

Better Kerbol is next on the chopping block for my install once this comes out! I've been exploring with this revamp, and it's given me a whole new love for the stock system.

Edited by Thatguywholikesionengines
kerbol* not kerbin

2 hours ago, KerbalOnKerbin said:

Would Spectra screw it up or not?

most visual mods seem to work fine, have not tested spectra specifically so proceed with caution.

2 hours ago, KerbalOnKerbin said:

revamps to the outer planets (Jool and moons)?

yes

57 minutes ago, Cytauri said:

revamps for the Outer Planets Mod?

I would love to, but i have plans of my own  (:<

It also seems that when it's installed, it errors with Koperincus, saysing that some parameter in Eve cannot be null, causing no planet modification. Is there any fix for this?

Edit: turns out in Eve's config the description parameter is blank. Commenting out fixed it.

Edited by KerbalOnKerbin

6 minutes ago, KerbalOnKerbin said:

turns out in Eve's config the description parameter is blank. Commenting out fixed it.

Thats rather worrying! i already have it fixed in my dev version, but it had never caused such issues for me before!
thanks for pointing it out!

Update: Turns out the name wasn't the issue. It is still complaning saying that the parameter was of type "name" but it must not have been the description. Trying out some fixes right now.

Edit : Basically everything i tried didn't work. Not sure how to fix it, so I have to sadly uninstall.

Edited by KerbalOnKerbin

9 hours ago, KerbalOnKerbin said:

Basically everything i tried didn't work. Not sure how to fix it, so I have to sadly uninstall.

did you install the mod through Ckan? There seems to be some people having issues with it.

if so, try installing the pack manually, there are links to the dependencies in the README