Mod recommendations for KSP1

savagekerbal

Hey guys, so I'm admittedly quite rusty with KSP1 and modding. I've got tired of waiting for KSP2 to be what we wanted so back to KSP1 it is. I plan on just letting CKAN handle the modding for me but I'm unsure which version I want to play on. Does anyone have any recommendations for which beta version to run specifically for any OPT mods?

I'm unsure what to recommend, because I don't know what you intend to do and how powerful (or potatoish) is your rig.

I play KSP mainly between day job tasks or between working times, when it would not worth start a new task after being blocked on another one because it would not be finished before the road is unblocked, and so I play KSP on a Potato secondary machine I have on my desk (MacMini 6.2, to be precise). I came to terms that I need to settle on KSP 1.4.3 to have good playability on it because the potato uses a Intel HD4000.

If you have something more powerful (pretty easy  to tell the true! :P), I recommend KSP 1.7.3. From the KSP versions, 1.7.3 have the better feature/bug ratio of all of them. You will be happy with any CPU with 4 cores, 8GB (16GB is better if you want some visual mods) and a GPU with at least 4GB VRAM.

If you want the most bugless KSP ever, you will need to settle with 1.3.1 or 1.2.2.

KSP 1.8.0 and newer are good for small play sessions and for making videos - any long term playing is fated to be doomed due some horrible bugs on key features of the KSP engine.

Well lets just say I  ran KSP 2 at launch with no issues  lol. My rig has Ryzen 9 5950X , Nvidia  GeForce  RTX 3070, and 16GB of  RAM.

And  sorry I wasn't very clear, it's specific to which version  to run for OPT mods. So far, I've tried running a few versions with CKAN and OPT installed. I'd legit pay the  creator full  game price to have him  reconfig it  again to the  last version since it  hasn't been updated in a couple years.

If you are planning long term missions, real time months duration, the  a KSP 1.7.3 with all the bells and whistles are your best bet.

Anything after that, from KSP 1.8.0 to the latest, have a really nasty bug on the ReRoot feature that tends to destroy your craft in memory permanently - and since your craft is rerooted when you dock, any serious gaming is doomed.

Since you have a beefy machine, you will not miss the performance enhancements on Unity 2019. But no Parallax for you so.

If all you want is casual gaming, the 1.12.5 will suit you fine.

There are OPT versions for all that KSP versions, and IIRC they were pretty stable on the KSP 1.7.3 era.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.