Is there anyway possible to spawn on the mun ?

My first few missions were utter disasters. I feel your pain. Now though, a Mun landing is almost routine. For me the biggest challenge is getting into Kerbin orbit efficiently, but then I'm talking about some big landers.

What are your difficulties exactly?

To be honest, there's really not much to do on any of the worlds yet except see how high your little guy can hop and take screenshots. The only reason it's so frikking cool to BE there is because of the sense of accomplishment you have after struggling so hard to GET there. As frustrating as it may be right now, you'd lose all that if you used a cheat to get around the process.

You can edit the persistence file to 'replace' ships you have elsewhere, but unfortunately this doesn't help you, since you have to get something landed on the mun in the first place to replace.

Getting to the mun really isn't hard. Get a ship/lander/whatever in an prograde equatorial orbit (do your gravity turn towards 90 degrees on the navball) then when your in a stable orbit, do a prograde burn just as Mun starts to rise over Kerbin, and you should get a Mun intercept.

Well, in further updates, the dev team should allow us to spawn at the mun.. i think it would be cool :) but no further. And also, spawn in stable Geo-sync orbit around kerble.

Would be cool tho. I have MechJeb mod, so getting into orbit that way isnt a problem, getting to the mun is :)

It's possible to create Scenarios that can place your starting position wherever you like, a simple way to do this is to take a persistence file and place it in the scenarios folder.

People can then exchange scenarios with their craft landed on various planets, then with a bit of editing you can place your craft there instead :)

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.