Icons scaling incorrectly in map view

Guitarman_0511

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Ryzen 9 3900x | GPU: RX5700XT | RAM32GB 3600MHz CL16

I noticed that after the patch some Icons are not scaling correctly anymore, as can be seen in the screenshot.
I did not do anything special, I just opened the map and the saw the Icon like this

Included Attachments:

20231025202425_1.jpg.9758057dfa7d4716802

17 minutes ago, Vl3d said:

I hate this bug so much - it's been annoying me since the game launched one way or another. Those pixelated icons look terrible.

Agreed, if the dev team loves retro, they can wear bell bottoms with penny loafers in the office...but dot matrix died in the 90s, and it should stay dead.

• 1 month later...

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Winsows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz | GPU: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor 3.70 GHz | RAM32GB

Is this a Bug or by design?  I can't even click on Minmus to target it because my probe that is in orbit's icon is 5x the size of minmus on map.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 3 3200G | GPU: GTX 1050 Ti | RAM16GB 3200MHz

Well, I was trying to select minmus to go to it but instead the icon of a vessel turned huge infront of it, so i couldn't target minmus

Included Attachments:

canttarget.png.8be0d73f09f7031dbb30da139

• 2 weeks later...

Easy reproducer: launch a ship to Mun orbit, then go into map view and look at Kerbin - as you zoom out, the KSC icon increases in size until it covers Kerbin.

Interestingly, as you zoom in (toward your ship), the icon shrinks to the point of being invisible while Kerbin grows in apparent size - so maybe this is just a case of an inverted scale factor?

OS: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 22621) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600G with Radeon Graphics | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6700 XT | RAM16384MB RAM

Severity : Low

Frequency : Only observed once

The space centre icon does not scale when camera is rotated from an eccentric orbit and hence appears very large. I will add an image later, right now it is not possible to do so.

Included Attachments:

OS: win 11 | CPU: I9 14900kf | GPU: 4090 | RAM32gb @7200

in Map mode   when trying to plot an new flight path there is a ton of clutter and makes it a pain to adjust and move prograde/retro grade/ ect. The ships already orbiting a planet are extremely large and in 8bit graphics so large you cant click on the planet without focusing the ship first.  That is a decent workaround but theres nothing i can do if i have a bunch of sats orbiting kerbin and im trying to plot a prograde burn out of kerbin theres soo much stuff the plotter node is lost in the clutter,    When the part count gets over 70 the game grinds down with some janky builds 

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Home 64-bit (Build 22621) | CPU: Intel Core i5 12600KF | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX3080 | RAM: 32GB 3200 C16 DDR4

Issue - Icon scaling prevents targeting body (i.e. minmus) while in map view.

XrB6C1g.jpg

SM