keybinds reset when starting game

vonknorring09

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows 10 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | RAM16 GB

when i change my keybinds (switched yaw and roll if that matters)  and then close and start the game again the keybinds change back but they are saved in settings and apply when i look at keybinds in settings

Included Attachments:

Edited by The Space Peacock

Reported Version: v0.1.5 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Professionnel | CPU: i9-13900KF | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 | RAM64GB DDR5 5600MHz

Specs:

Spoiler

Specs.png.f174ab762f92d4c1700e418152a17444.png

Severity: low (solution in this post)

Frequency: high (allways)

Description:  The keybinds changes are saved in the options menu, but when you launch the game, it uses the default keys.

The solution is simply to enter into the keybinds menu when launching the game without needing to modify anything.

P.S : I posted this because I saw another post talking about key problems, so you can redirect any new post related to this problem to this post for the solution.

Edited by The Space Peacock

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-9600K | GPU: NVIDIA RTX3080 | RAM16 GB

Tested Version: v0.2.1 --> Issue is still present

When the key-binds are changed, these changes are not applied when the game is restarted:  the default keys will be applied instead.

replicate:

1. Launch an airplane (on the runway)
  2. Press ESC --> settings --> input
  3. Change the pitch controls to the keys "R" and "F" (or probably to any other non-default keys)
  4. Press ESC two times to return to the runway view
  5. press "R" and "F" alternatingly, and notice how the control surfaces of the airplane move correctly as configured
  6. Save the game, close the game, restart the game and load the last saved game
  7. press "R" and "F" alternatingly, and notice how the control surfaces of the airplane DO NOT move correctly (here I would expect they still behave as they did in step 5)

Remarkable fact: The custom binds are stored somewhere: they are just not loaded at startup.  This can be noticed when we take next steps after the previous steps:

1. Press ESC --> settings --> input
  2. Notice how the pitch controls are still displayed as "R F" in this settings menu
  3. Now leave this menu WITHOUT changing anything.
  4. press "R" and "F" alternatingly, and notice how the control surfaces respond correctly again.

Included Attachments:

screenshotkey-binds.jpg.ce71d049fc7b1ae3f6b51d06ad6e0b55.jpg

Edited by Kr0meel
Tested in v0.2.1 --> Bug still present

On 10/27/2023 at 2:47 PM, vonknorring09 said:

OS: windows 10 | CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB | RAM16 GB

when i change my keybinds (switched yaw and roll if that matters)  and then close and start the game again the keybinds change back but they are saved in settings and apply when i look at keybinds in settings

Included Attachments:

Yes, this is in KSP2 since version 0.1.0

It happens all the time.

I've had this too several times.

I like to reset my Snap To button from C to something else - so it doesn't turn off or on every time I Ctrl-C to copy a part/assembly.

Just as I was about to report this it reverted to the key I'd changed it to, so it's inconsistent in whether it forgets the new key binding.