Old Mk1 Pod

AncientAstronaut

Earlier today I actually downloaded a parts pack for the old parts from pre-demo (It was by someone named Feanor), the reason I actually downloaded it was for the command pod. A little tweaking in blender and a bit of cfg editing and I scaled it to be used as a 1m wide, 3 man command pod. Unfortunately I still am not sure how to make a hatch for it...

Hatches can be added in Unity. DYJ made a tutorial for this : http://kspwiki.nexisonline.net/wiki/Adding_Airlocks_and_Ladders_to_Parts

You'll also need to watch C7's part tools tutorial :

The ladders and hatches need to be added as Box Colliders, and try to size the hatch and ladder boxes so a kerbal can fit in them. You really don't need to know how to model to do this if you already have the model of the MK1 available.

I know how to do it, I'm just lazy - Other things I'd like to try than just hatches. Other people learning how can't be a bad thing.

Hatches can be added in Unity. DYJ made a tutorial for this : http://kspwiki.nexisonline.net/wiki/Adding_Airlocks_and_Ladders_to_Parts

You'll also need to watch C7's part tools tutorial :

The ladders and hatches need to be added as Box Colliders, and try to size the hatch and ladder boxes so a kerbal can fit in them. You really don't need to know how to model to do this if you already have the model of the MK1 available.

I know how to do it, I'm just lazy - Other things I'd like to try than just hatches. Other people learning how can't be a bad thing.

These tutorials just make me more confused, to be honest... Put it this way: I have all the files from the original mk1 pod (i took them out of the demo this time), what is the easiest way to add a ladder? can i open the model up with parttools and add one?

Well, its a bit more complicated than that. Firstly when people say they have the files, is it the .mu they have, or a .dae. If its a .mu, I don't know if this can be imported into unity. Its its a .dae, its possible to get into unity.

You import the model into unity, the same as you import part tools into unity. Its in C7's video tutorial. Yes, his unity looks different from how yours would, but it actually has all the same tabs. Hes just moved them around and changed background colours, which is somewhat confusing.

• 4 years later...
This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.