Is it possible to incorporate a realistic solar system into the game?

Twipsy

Could you incorporate a solar system into the game, enabling the Kanbara people to return to the ancestral home of Earth? Since the game originally planned to introduce new galaxies, why not include the entire solar system among them? If the game features its own solar system, it would be a marvelous addition. Moreover, considering the multitude of game mod authors, they might contribute rich creativity and content. Earth's environment could be configured as a parallel universe, either in a state before or after the emergence of humanity. In any case, Earth would exist in an undeveloped state. I wonder if this concept is feasible.

3 hours ago, Twipsy said:

Could you incorporate a solar system into the game, enabling the Kanbara people to return to the ancestral home of Earth? Since the game originally planned to introduce new galaxies, why not include the entire solar system among them? If the game features its own solar system, it would be a marvelous addition. Moreover, considering the multitude of game mod authors, they might contribute rich creativity and content. Earth's environment could be configured as a parallel universe, either in a state before or after the emergence of humanity. In any case, Earth would exist in an undeveloped state. I wonder if this concept is feasible.

I think any "realistic solar system" would be better implemented as a mod to the base game. It would be a bit strange to canonically tie the Kerbal universe to Earth, and the game would require extensive rebalancing to support planets and moons that are ~10x larger (if I remember the correct scaling from Kerbin to Earth).

On 11/15/2023 at 8:27 PM, Twipsy said:

To answer your question, yes it is possible. It's been done for KSP1 already.

I tried using the Real Solar System mod for KSP1, but it really bugged me that the cities / roads etc weren't actually modelled. It's the same with EVE (I think it's Eve), which adds city lights to Kerbin, but if you actually go to one of the cities, it's not there. It's just the picture of a city over the terrain.

A dream scenario would be a real solar system, with something like whatever Microsoft Flight Simulator uses to model the terrain / cities / roads. But I think that's only ever going to be a dream.

While even more detail on Kerbin would be nice, its literally the last place the devs want you spending your time.  MS FS, that's all they do, fly over Earth  - so its understandable how they have the hold standard in that FX detail.  Would be nice, but WELL after 1.0. - tons of non-roadmap features I would rather have than this.

2 hours ago, dansiegel30 said:

MS FS, that's all they do, fly over Earth

Since I'm here, I think I'll just append to this bit - MSFS players find themselves flying exclusively over Earth because that's the only planet in the sim, and not because of how detailed Earth is.

I t stands to reason that the level of detail implemented for Kerbin will have 0 impact on whether people generally go to space or not.

2023/11/19在PM10点43分,WelshSteW说:

为了回答你的问题,是的,这是可能的。已经为KSP1完成了。

我尝试为KSP1使用Real Solar System mod,但城市/道路等实际上没有建模,这真的让我很烦。EVE(我想是夏娃)也是如此,它为Kerbin增添了城市灯光,但如果你真的去其中一个城市,它就不在那里。这只是地形上一座城市的画面。

梦想场景将是一个真正的太阳系,类似于微软飞行模拟器用来模拟地形/城市/道路的东西。但我认为那只会是一个梦想。

If the game could incorporate the solar system by default, it would provide better stability compared to relying on mods. There would be no need to worry about incompatibility issues arising from major updates, as is often the case with mods.

2023/11/19在PM10点43分,WelshSteW说:

为了回答你的问题,是的,这是可能的。已经为KSP1完成了。

我尝试为KSP1使用Real Solar System mod,但城市/道路等实际上没有建模,这真的让我很烦。EVE(我想是夏娃)也是如此,它为Kerbin增添了城市灯光,但如果你真的去其中一个城市,它就不在那里。这只是地形上一座城市的画面。

梦想场景将是一个真正的太阳系,类似于微软飞行模拟器用来模拟地形/城市/道路的东西。但我认为那只会是一个梦想。

Moreover, as I mentioned before, I would like to set the Earth's timeline either before or after the emergence of humanity, establishing it as a parallel universe. This way, we can avoid concerns about strict historical accuracy and address any potential issues related to logic seamlessly.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.