A Kerbal On EVA Exerts A Force On The Vessel

00Dave

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Win | CPU: AMD Ry 7 4800 | GPU: NVID RTX 3060 | RAM16gb

i left the pod and it starts to move and wont stop until i board again

Included Attachments:

image.png?ex=6594801d&is=65820b1d&hm=1cb

quicksave_1.json

Edited by The Space Peacock

30 answers to this question

So after playing around a bit I found out what actually does this.  If you look at all the bugs presented and the one I had, the capsules have a battery or sas wheel or a fuel tank etc placed on top of the capsule.  I found that when I eva'd a part of the kerbal would clip into the vessel at this point, whether it has to do with the hit box or something else (I believe it is visually invisible but its part of them none the less).  When I moved the kerbal down slightly they exited the clipping effect and the "mysterious force vanished".  Could others that have reported this try it and see if it helps with there issues??

Cheers,

Skar!

Not sure if this is related, but I notice in the OP's video, when the kerbal exits the pod the speed and nav ball change to orbit mode. When the kerbal enters the pod it switches back to surface mode.

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: i9 13900k | GPU: Nvidia RTX 4080 | RAM64GB DDR5 5600MT/s

Almost every time I EVA from a craft, it introduces a strong phantom force causing ships to start spinning, or if I'm on the surface of a celestial body, it knocks over the craft. It's impossible to do landing missions because of this. I would say this happens every time.

Included Attachments:

On 12/20/2023 at 11:16 AM, Superluminaut said:

I suspect it has something to do with magnetic boots.

Sounds like KSP1 docking port drives lol

I assume the code for "magnets" on the boots got inherited from the ports

Edited by Jeb x Valentina