Cannot Grab or board a command pod/ladder

Prisonedchair41

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel core i7 12700k | GPU: Radeon RX 6650XT | RAM32GB

Expected behaviour would be that when on EVA and the Grab/Board tooltip appears, that pressing f should grab onto the  vessel, and B should board the vessel.  Instead, neither inputs do anything. This happens everytime, and is a Medium issue.

Included Attachments:

Edited by The Space Peacock

12 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

For Science. 

Cannot grab of enter the 3 seater Apollo-type capsule (despite having the F and B pop up window). First noticed on the surface of the mun, also now not possible on launch pad. Have removed any possible obstructions from pod etc

OS: Win 11 | CPU: AMD 7600X | GPU: AMD 7900XTX | RAM32GB

Landed on Mun, exited craft, used rcs to reach surface and then get back to pod. I can't grab on or board the pod even though the hotkeys appear. These key maps also don't seem to be in the list of controls EVA controls. 

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel core i7 | GPU: Rtx2080 | RAM16GB +8GB dedicated

When landed, I have had an issue where a kerbal is able to leave on EVA but when pressing B to board after planting flag/taking samples, the kerbal will not enter the pod. Instead either nothing happens or it makes the kerbal let go (ie does the same as the spacebar does). I have had this reoccur on Duna, Gilly, and Minimus and quick save/quickloading has not resolved the issue. 

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 10 | CPU: i5-8400 | GPU: RTX 2060 | RAM32GB

While on the Mun with an MK2 "Tuna Can" based lander vehicle I went on EVA, and when returning to the lander I was not able to board it. I tried saving and reloading. And jumping around and changing positions a few times and no success. Screen shot attached where it says I have the EVA Control  Board option available but pressing B does nothing. 

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: Intel core i5 12400 | GPU: RTX 3060 | RAM: 16GB

I've also seen this trying to grab/board the Gumball pod in orbit around Gilly after an EVA down to the surface (and getting a surface sample and planting a flag) - the prompts to grab or board appear in the top right, but the buttons do nothing. Quick saving + loading didn't solve the problem, however restarting the game and reloading did solve it.

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: WINDOWS 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 7900 XT | RAM32GB 3200MHz

I started a new game without mods for V0.2.1 to see what kind of changes there were. I landed on the Mun, planted a flag, and was unable to Grab or Board the Vessel from EVA even though I have the Grab [F] and Board prompt. There is nothing blocking the entrance of the Vessel. I've tried reloading, I've tried going to KSC and back. Nothing is working.

Included Attachments:

On 1/7/2024 at 11:34 PM, Anonymous Bug Reporter said:

报告版本:v0.2.0(最新) |模组:无 |可以在没有模组的情况下复制吗?
操作系统: Windows 10 |处理器: i5-8400 |显卡:RTX 2060 系列 |内存32GB

在Mun上使用基于MK2“金枪鱼罐头”的着陆器时,我乘坐了EVA,当返回着陆器时,我无法登上它。我尝试保存并重新加载。跳来跳去,换了几次姿势,都没有成功。附上屏幕截图,上面写着我有可用的 EVA 控制板选项,但按 B 没有任何作用。

包含的附件:

kspboardnotworking.png.ffbec7526aee793e1b077be25a8c7bc4.png

i meet the same problem like you,my version is v0.2.1

Edited by Geonovast
Fixed quote format issue