Landing Gear Won't Toggle from Retracted despite the State indicating Deployed

PicoSpace

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Professional | CPU: AMD 5800x | GPU: Zotec 3070 with improved fans. | RAM64GB CL14

Preparing to land and went to extend the landing gear and nothing happened, tried several times to engage the gear system but its stuck "on" and nothing I could do would toggle the state nor the landing gear.
Ended up landing on the engines.

Included Attachments:

20231220134635_1.jpg.f1058a6bfbde6c727fd02231b6597d72.jpg

Edited by The Space Peacock

4 answers to this question

This usually occurs when attempting to toggle the landing gear while in time warp, dropping out of time warp will cause it to go into a deployed state without actually deploying and then locks the toggle, this bug can be circumvented by initiating time warp and  toggling the landing gear off while in time warp, at which point they can be redeployed as normal upon dropping out of time warp.

This happened to me too, with LT-5 "Bandicoot" landing legs. Quickloading resolved the problem but it was very annoying and was one of two bugs which ruined my first munar landing experience. Also, my Communotron 16 antennae suffered the same issue at the same time.

On 1/30/2024 at 11:16 PM, DibzNr said:

This usually occurs when attempting to toggle the landing gear while in time warp, dropping out of time warp will cause it to go into a deployed state without actually deploying and then locks the toggle, this bug can be circumvented by initiating time warp and  toggling the landing gear off while in time warp, at which point they can be redeployed as normal upon dropping out of time warp.

Toggling during time warp fixed this issue for me.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.