Need Ability to Relay Comms Between Satellites/Landers, etc.

I'm no longer able to link/relay communication systems. In KSP 1, it was possible to extend the reach of my communication network by bouncing the connection off of satellites w/ large radar dishes. Now, if my Tylo lander does not have a ridiculously large radar dish, I won't be able to transmit data down to Kerbin (even though I have satellites with sufficiently large radar dishes in the immediate area). 

Is this a bug? Intentional? 

I agree, I found that it was not implemented yet from some looking into it, and then confirmed it here with someone else bringing it up. I really hope CommNet is implemented soon, at least as a toggle in the game settings at start. Deep space missions are hampered by every vessel needing to carry very large dishes. I feel having drone satellites lose connectivity and be uncontrollable due to poor mission planning or lack of creating a CommNet network both makes things feel more "Kerbal" when it goes wrong, and incentivizes and rewards careful planning and good play.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.