Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Okay, new question! I have this Kethane rover that is shaking so much on the mun that I can't even time warp because it says that it is under acceleration. Here is a picture of the rover:

http://i.imgur.com/7F6xscY.jpg

For some reason I can't embed pictures. But. Any ideas on a fix? Took me forever for me to get this thing on the mun.

I remember reading somewhere, that with rovers the wheels need to be flat on the ground. ALL of them if it's even the slightest off it can make it have the shakes,, something to do with the physics in game with the wheel. Basically if you have one wheel that looks like its straight but tilted in any way even a little off from the rest this can happen. The only thing I can try to compare this to is an alignment of your car, caster, camber, and toe of the tire. A little early for me but hope this helps.

Hmm. Most of the jitter I can see there looks more like the shaders being fuzzy and creating buzzing shadows, which happens when you don't have the shaders on max setting. Makes it hard to see much other movement. But I also notice you have a ton of KAS stuff on there. That can sometimes do lots of weird things to physics. Like what happened to me yesterday http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/25563-0-20-KAS-v0-3-1-Kerbal-Attachment-System?p=637571&viewfull=1#post637571

I can't see much else though that would be causing movement.

Hm... I seem to have run into a problem.

I build a rover with methane mining abilities, enough solar panels to power a small town and everything needed.

It did work fine at first.

But now, it doesn't. The drill deploys, power is plenty, I am smack in a "green" area.... but it doesn't fill the kethane container.

Not that I need the kethane, mind you. I just like to know what the problem is...

Like I said, it worked at first. A little refining.... and then nothing.

screenshot248.png

This gets funnier by the minute.

I drove the rover a few klicks away, tried again.

Didn't work.

Drove again. Forgot to pull the drill back in. Noticed it. Stopped.

It did work! For a few seconds. Then it stopped again.

Ok, I am in a dark green area, not light green. Maybe this is the problem? Only a few ounces each dig?

Got it!

You wouldn't believe it.... It seems the drill can be TOO close to the ground.

Once the weight of the methane/fuel pushes down the suspension, the drill doesn't work anymore...

Empty the tanks, everything is fine.... Oh BOG.... Good to know.

I have a problem, where i cannot drill kethane unless the drill as directly attached to a kethane tank! However this may be the issue! This is an issue in my little explorer probe lander, because I'm simulating "taking soil samples" using the drill and "analysing" them to find a positive kethane deposit. So, your telling me, my lander needs to be bigger. Hey Majir, can we have a probe sized sample drill? Or can I just re-size the small drill in a separate part.cfg?

Alright. I figured out how to change the amount of kethane which can be put into a kethane deposit, so that I would not have to worry about running out, but I'm wanting Kerbin in it's entirety to be full of kethane, and every hex I search is green, making it one giant pocket. How do I make that possible?

FYI, I'm an aesthetics builder. Though, yes, I do like having a challenge, no, htis is strictly for the builds, which are fun. One giant rig, several hovering miners, and many other cool things I can think of. Like how awesome my hovercraft looks. :D

Every bit legit!

1266777_404505682982411_220542998_o.jpg

Majiir, sorry to bug you.

But do you think you could take a look at my ramscoop code; I can't get it to work right, or it just crashes the game outright.

MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceIntake
resourceName = Hydrogen
checkForOxygen = false
area = 0.01
intakeSpeed = 1
intakeTransformName = intake
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Hydrogen
amount = 5
maxAmount = 5
}

MODULE
{
name = KethaneConverter
HeatProduction = 0
InputRates
{
Hydrogen = 5
}
OutputRatios
{
Kethane = 1
}
}

Majiir, sorry to bug you. But do you think you could take a look at my ramscoop code; I can't get it to work right, or it just crashes the game outright.

I see no obvious culprit as long as you've defined Hydrogen somewhere. Note that HeatProduction=0 is unnecessary since there isn't actually a HeatSinkAnimator module on the part; you can just omit the config property.

...Man i'm an idiot.

I forgot to define the hydrogen resource.

Thanks man.

<edit>

That got rid of the crashing, but it seems to have brought back an old unworking behaviour.

The intake doesn't intake.

Intake code:

MODULE
{
name = ModuleResourceIntake
resourceName = Hydrogen
checkForOxygen = false
area = 0.001
intakeSpeed = 1
intakeTransformName = intake
}

RESOURCE
{
name = Hydrogen
amount = 0
maxAmount = 5
}

MODULE
{
name = KethaneConverter
InputRates
{
Hydrogen = 5
}
OutputRatios
{
Kethane = 1
}

Resource code:

RESOURCE_DEFINITION
{
name = Hydrogen
density = 0.001
flowMode = ALL_VESSEL
transfer = PUMP
}

@TANK_DEFINITION[Default] {
TANK {
name = Hydrogen
fillable = false
}
}

Edited by Slye_Fox

If making a look-a-like Gene Kerbal was your idea sir, you are my hero (for the day at least), if not please direct my praises at whoever did!

Gene Kerman comes from the stock training missions. That screenshot is from the Kethane scanning tutorial (which as of a little while ago is finished). I may also get to mining and converting tutorials.

Iv looked everywhere for kintake air with no success. I have a sweet ship that's all filled up but wont go anywhere. can someone help please.

-huge pic snip-

Well, looks like you are on Minmus, which has no atmosphere. Go figure.

The Kethane Jets need a planet with an atmosphere, but it doesn't need to have oxygen. So they work on Duna or Eve for example, where normal jet engines won't.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.