Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

You don't execute a DLL file. You place it in your \GameData\ folder. Anybody who installs mods should know how to do that.

Exactly! :) Every experienced moder knows that, and I would not expect them asking questions about it.

However the link to MM.dll provides no instructions for a novice user (at least not on the first few pages). The question in post #6 is easily missed as it just refers to "all this". Things like this are very easy once you know how, but remember you have to learn it at some point. You can't shout RTFM if there isn't an actual manual.

just a thought

if you want to add Kethane to the tech tree without messing with Module Manager

(from KAS thread)

For those that want access to the parts in career mode, or who want to integrate the KAS parts into the existing tech tree here is what you need to do...

Go into the KAS parts folder and open each part's config file. Add the following under the "Editor Parameters" heading:

TechRequired = basicRocketry 

Change basicRocketry to whatever node you want. if you just want everything use:

TechRequired = start

For example the file should look sort of like this when you're done:

// --- editor parameters ---
TechRequired = start
cost = 1
category = Utility
subcategory = x
title = Title of part
manufacturer = whatever Labs
description = description here

Note: some of the files dont have the editor parameters section so just add the techrequired part above the cost in the cfg files.

Note2: after you do this and start the game, you have to go in to the r&d building and unlock the parts individually if you placed them in a node you've already researched.

hope this helps.

This isn't so much a bug, but has anyone else noticed that at certain angles, the Kethane grid disappears? Is it just my game? Is it because of the new terrain contouring grid? Kethane is still my fav mod, and this isn't a problem, was just curious if others had noticed it, or if it was just me.

I just created a new career mode and cheated a tons of science point to unlock all the nodes to see where are the kethane parts. But my biggest disappointment was that there was no kethane parts at all.

Do I miss something or Kethane parts not added yet to the Tech Tree?

I just created a new career mode and cheated a tons of science point to unlock all the nodes to see where are the kethane parts. But my biggest disappointment was that there was no kethane parts at all.

Do I miss something or Kethane parts not added yet to the Tech Tree?

You really need to read at least the last couple pages before you post in a thread. This has been talked about over and over....

I really like this mod. But its reduces my fps alot.

from 60fps to below 20fps even in the starting screen of the game.

Is there a way to improve it? Maybe lower any kind of calulations anyhow?

To see my rig in detail, click my signature.

What other mods are you running?

Because I haven't experienced this and all my mods are listed in my sig.

This isn't so much a bug, but has anyone else noticed that at certain angles, the Kethane grid disappears? Is it just my game? Is it because of the new terrain contouring grid? Kethane is still my fav mod, and this isn't a problem, was just curious if others had noticed it, or if it was just me.

If you angle the view around to where a planet or moon is too close, the Kethane grid vanishes.

If you angle the view around to where a planet or moon is too close, the Kethane grid vanishes.

Okay, that's good, I wasn't sure if it was just me, or what was up.

This isn't so much a bug, but has anyone else noticed that at certain angles, the Kethane grid disappears?

It's absolutely a bug, and it's something I've noticed for a while and confirmed last night while working on the grid. I've put it on the tracker now, for your reference: https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane/issues/193

I'm not sure if I have a bug or what the heck is going on. But the big drill. Both in the VAB and in game continuously extend and retract over and over again. I had mods installed. But i just removed all but kethane and tried it and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

I'm not sure if I have a bug or what the heck is going on. But the big drill. Both in the VAB and in game continuously extend and retract over and over again. I had mods installed. But i just removed all but kethane and tried it and still have the same problem. Any ideas?

Majiir, can you *please* post the fix for that in the first post so perhaps people won't be asking this almost every day?

Look for the animation module in the part.cfg for kethane_heavyDrill and change it to this

MODULE
{
name = KethaneDrillAnimator
DeployAnimation = idle
DrillAnimation = idle0
}

Edited by Galane

I am getting the same issue here synik4l i don't know whats going on. Edit - Wait there is a fix for this? Why isn't it posted on the front page yet? Double Edit - Neat looks like we both posted at the exact same time Galane

Edited by Sigma52

im getting the same issue here synik4l i don't know whats going on. Edit - Wait there is a fix for this? Why isn't it posted on the front page yet? Double Edit - Neat looks like we both posted at the exact same time Galane

found it

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-8-Art-pass-terrain-conforming-grid-and-miscellaneous-improvements/page318?p=704502#post704502

Has anyone else got the problem where you cant getpast the kethane_generator in the files loading? its been stuck there for 10 mins?

Following on the error is: [ERR 10:29:08.423] PartCompiler: Cannot replace texture 'model000' as cannot find texture 'model001' to replace with

Edited by mattd75

It's absolutely a bug, and it's something I've noticed for a while and confirmed last night while working on the grid. I've put it on the tracker now, for your reference: https://github.com/Majiir/Kethane/issues/193

Oh, I didn't realize it was a bug. I just thought it was an artifact of the new terrain conforming grid. I'm not sure what it being on the tracker for reference means. i'm still really new at figuring out a lot of this stuff.

I'm having a problem with the Kethane nodes not showing up on the grid at all. It shows the white nodes when nothing is found but when a kethane node is found it simply does nothing on the map screen and leaves a hole in the detection grid.

7Tpfe0O.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.