Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

hm, i dont see the grid =/

ill tried to check and uncheck the "show grid" option, but it wont work =(

any suggestions?

it appears to be a bug in the newest version of kethane. i think i made a fix for it. i sent majiir an email about it. not sure why not everyone is effected. but the grid still works tho if you try scanning. just that all the unknown cells are invisible

Edited by landeTLS

it appears to be a bug in the newest version of kethane. i think i made a fix for it. i sent majiir an email about it. not sure why not everyone is effected. but the grid still works tho if you try scanning. just that all the unknown cells are invisible

I have had the same problem. I even tried scanning the Mun and nothing happened. No detector sound or anything. I am at 99km above the Mun's surface and get nothing.

I don't know if any of these have been discussed already, but I'd just like to list a few things that I personally think would enhance Kethane.

Firstly, Kethane deposits should, in my opinion, regenerate over time. Ideally they would appear in new locations, perhaps slowly increasing in yield until a certain threshold is reached. New deposits would only be generated if the planet's total kethane yield drops below a given value.

Second, I'd like one or both of the scanners to have a "focus" mode. Entering this mode allows you to select a single point on the grid. After a certain amount of time, say maybe 60 times the normal scanning period, while in line of sight of the selected point, an 18 block section is scanned (i.e., the selected point and two "rings" around it). The scanner would then automatically resume normal surveying.

I have had the same problem. I even tried scanning the Mun and nothing happened. No detector sound or anything. I am at 99km above the Mun's surface and get nothing.

Same with me, it may be mods, I messed around and removed mods but its still happening, anyone have a fix for it yet?

Same with me, it may be mods, I messed around and removed mods but its still happening, anyone have a fix for it yet?

Did you try using a new save game? It may be that the save game you're using has some embedded data associated with one or mods that are causing an issue. Just guessing here.

Very cool interview! I liked the Q&A section; was cool to get a peek inside your mind in regards to your dev work!

Hoping someone can take a look at my question posted a few pages back:

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-8-2-%28KSP-0-23%29-Find-it-mine-it-burn-it%21-New-download-mirror?p=872190&viewfull=1#post872190

The grid is missing and yet the scanner never scans anything. No noise, no scanned cells, no nothing.

The grid is missing and yet the scanner never scans anything. No noise, no scanned cells, no nothing.

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago, I fixed it by uninstalling EVERYTHING KSP, and reinstalling everything. Something got corrupted somewhere, never did find out where.

I backed up all my save game files, and ships then deleted KSP and reinstalled it.

I had this problem a couple of weeks ago, I fixed it by uninstalling EVERYTHING KSP, and reinstalling everything. Something got corrupted somewhere, never did find out where.

I backed up all my save game files, and ships then deleted KSP and reinstalled it.

Will I be able to do that with Steam? I bought KSP on Steam.

Will I be able to do that with Steam? I bought KSP on Steam.

Yep. Easiest way to do it is to just backup your save files to the desktop or wherever, then use Steam to "Delete Local Content", delete anything that Steam doesn't delete for you (mod files), then (re)install from Steam like you would any game.

Yep. Easiest way to do it is to just backup your save files to the desktop or wherever, then use Steam to "Delete Local Content", delete anything that Steam doesn't delete for you (mod files), then (re)install from Steam like you would any game.

You can actually save yourself a lot of time by instead manually deleting everything in the game folder except for KSP_Data and Launcher_Data, as well as the .exes and settings.cfg. KSP_Data contains the core game files and as far as I'm aware remains unaffected by mods, and it makes up the majority of the game's file size (~700MB). Then just run game cache integrity verification.

I did this after backing up my save files, but I decided to just create a new save game so there was no chance of corruption. Of course I suppose this depends on the person and how much time you've invested in a particular save game.

PnYeAdk.png

Okay, so why isn't this producing any fuel? As you can see, I have plenty of fuel capacity, electricity, and kethane. The converter even *says* it's active, but the heat exchangers haven't even extended. I'm running several mods, none of which should be incompatible with kethane. I have KAS (which I'm not even using here), Mechjeb, Tac fuel balancer, crew manifest, chatterer, atmospheric sounds enhancement, remote tech, RCS sounds, and KSPX parts installed. The only thing I can think of that might be causing it to not work is the lag I have going on. Are there any documented reports of lag making the converters not convert? Or am I missing something basic?

EDIT: It seems to work for monoprop, and the tank that it was filling was on the end of the strut you see in the screenshot, so clearly there is a flow path to the rest of the station.

EDIT2: I think I see what the problem was. I had structural panels to attach to the docking ports. Those aren't crossfeed capable, and the reason RCS worked was because RCS flows throughout the whole ship. Setting the crossfeed capability of the structural panels to true to see if that fixes it, and then I'm gonna have to rebuild my whole station from scratch. :\

EDIT3: That's not it... I literally have no idea why this isn't converting. Help please? :(

Edited by tntristan12

Okay, so why isn't this producing any fuel?

Think of Kethane converters as engines. If you had engines where those converters are, would they light? NO. There are no fuel tanks (that hold liquid fuel and oxdizer) connected directly to those tanks. Those tanks must be DIRECTLY connected in one of *3* ways. Any other way and the tank will NOT be filled with fuel. EVER.

1) Actually connected. IE, where those Kethane tanks are. Ironically, the Kethane tanks can be anywhere So can monoprop and xenon tanks. It's only the orange tanks (and any other liquid/o2 tanks) that have this restriction.

2) Connected via BACKWARDS fuel lines. Run the fuel lines the opposite of what common sense would tell you. IE: Run them like you'd run fuel to an engine. So you run it from the tanks you want to fill TOWARDS the converter.

3) Connected to a fuel tank that's connected in a valid way to the converter, in either of the two ways above. Radially won't cut it, in the same way it won't work for engines.

You could connect one fuel tank to a converter, and then connect a 2nd fuel tank with (backwards!) yellow lines to that first fuel tank, and then connect a third tank in the stack with that second fuel tank. All 3 tanks would fill.

In ALL cases, you should ALWAYS test your setup on the ground, in creative mode, first. No exceptions.

Edited by 5thHorseman

Im planning to make drilling lander and orbitar rafinery.

So, only lander will have kethane tanks and only rafinery processing units.

Will processing unit onboard rafinery be able to take kethane directly from lander tanks, while they are joined by docking port?

Or i will have to put tanks on rafinery to, and before processing send fuel from lander to rafinery.

Is it normal to be able to mine kethane at the launchpad?

You should be able to mine anywhere there is a Kethane deposit. Presumably you have one at KSC. I've added deposits at the KSC through the debug menu for testing in the past.

You should be able to mine anywhere there is a Kethane deposit. Presumably you have one at KSC. I've added deposits at the KSC through the debug menu for testing in the past.

Haven't checked whether a scanner actually finds it there, I just made a craft and while testing it, I extended the drill right in the center of the launchpad and started getting Kethane, followed by the green smoke so it seems normal but I tend to see any surprise as potential disaster waiting to unfold. It's pretty convenient though, cause in the past I'd build something only to send it to the moon to realise I didn't assemble them right, so now I can simply test it on the launchpad.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.