Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Not for me it doesn't. I can't launch anything or quit things that are already launched. I'm putting the DLL in KSP/Plugins, where the other one was. Is that right?

I put it in a simulated .20 mod, based on mechjeb 2.0.8

so the DLL file is in GameData/kethane(made up name)/plugins/MMI_Kethane.dll

then I took the original mod and placed the folders like such:

Parts: GameData/kethane/Parts

PluginData: GameData/kethane/plugins/PluginData

Plugins: N/A (replaced by fix)

Resources: GameData/kethane/Resources

then I did the PART{} thing on the config file (for those who don't know you now need to wrap each part config file in PART{ and } for it to work)

thus far nothing crashed or seemed to break, and I saw the parts seemingly normally in the VAB so it's probably working, I haven't actually scanned for kethane yet though so that's still uncertain

Hi guys,

Those fixes worked wonders guys :D

I downloaded Spike's pack and plopped it in my game data folder and it is all good... now I also got my head around the new structure too with that example.

Only thing i cant seem to get working is the detection sound, but alas that aint a biggie.

Currently in progress mapping new mun mining spots out, and positioning my mining stuff in 0.20 :P

Started from scratch again :P

Thanks for the fix, KSP without my kethana fix, is just feels not right ;)

BRILLIANT! thanks so much fellas!!

An official update would be nice (ive been waiting for 1.0 since I read the bit about pipelines n such) but this little fix yall made will do just fine till then.

It was getting bad....

I caught Jeb and Bill pouring green paint into a rocket tank last night...muttering 'it will work the same, it has to"

Yes and no. Mostly no, lol

But yes if you have mechjeb 2.0* within what is it, 2.5km? And if you have lazor systems installed and physics load distance set higher you should be able to go up to 90km away from your probe with it still active. I am not 100.00% positive on this, it was just something I noticed when launching one of two satellites then moving away from it while it was still active and I had the map open on the local satellite.

Haven't texted extensively, but that's part of the plan today :) (tho to be fair it wouldn't do any good, since mechjeb drops its multi-ship control if you enter timewarp, so you'd have to do it in real time)

People! Beware! I just lost all my Kethane maps, as I put my old ones maps into GameData\Kethane\Plugins\PluginData\MMI_Kethane... restarted KSP... *poof* all maps blank.

And me being the idiot I am, used my only copy. So, if you do this, don't be an idiot like me, make sure you make backups!

Would like to say though, I can successfully place the part on a craft, and activate the detector.

Edited by tek_604
Confirmation that unoffical patch works

Well I started new game, so that shouldnt be issue for me. And I thought that you cannot copy maps because they are different for each save game, that they are generated for each one.

So again for everyone, 0.20 fix for Kethane

Put/unzip this to your KSP_win/GameData and you should have your Kethane back and working.

So it should be "KSP_win/GameData/kethane/[parts, plugins and resources]" or just "KSP_win/GameData/[parts, plugins and resources]" I'm assuming nothing goes into the "KSP_win/GameData/Squad" directory

Sorry for the noob question, I cannot into computers all that well

So it should be "KSP_win/GameData/kethane/[parts, plugins and resources]" or just "KSP_win/GameData/[parts, plugins and resources]" I'm assuming nothing goes into the "KSP_win/GameData/Squad" directory

Sorry for the noob question, I cannot into computers all that well

New folder system in 0.20 works taht way, so yes, you put it to Game data, all of it, so you will have ksp/gamedata/kethane/parts,plugin,resources, etc... (separate folders)

Folder Squad is only for stock parts. plugins for .20 are put just simply here in game data, no need for copying each folder as before.

My GameData folder:

gamedata.jpg

And when I double-click Kethane folder there:

kethane.jpg

I hope it's clear. You can also notice that I have more mods, all just put there. (there are exeptions tho)

Edited by elkar

Only thing i cant seem to get working is the detection sound, but alas that aint a biggie.

I got the sounds to work by putting them in the original location (...\Kerbal Space Program\PluginData\MMI_Kethane\sounds) where "echo_deposit.wav" and "echo_empty.wav" are the only files within the directory. All other "PluginData" files should go into "...Kerbal Space Program\Plugins\PluginData\".

EDIT: This post is outdated. In context, it pertained to getting sounds from Kethane Mod Pack 0.4.3 to work with KSP 0.20.

Edited by Psychobutt

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.