Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

I am also having there problem where whenever I try to launch a ship with kethane parts, it simply show a starry sky and freezes. I have tried moving the mod parts. Cam anyone tell me where exactly each folder goes in to the game files. I am using ksp 0.2 with orda, mechjeb and ISA.

Any one have any good rovers for mining ? :)

I stay away from rovers for mining, have to make em to big to keep drills running. Ive had best results with airships for in atmospheres and multiuse dropships for low-g mining

I am also having there problem where whenever I try to launch a ship with kethane parts, it simply show a starry sky and freezes. I have tried moving the mod parts. Cam anyone tell me where exactly each folder goes in to the game files. I am using ksp 0.2 with orda, mechjeb and ISA.

Try looking here. http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/30591-So-What-Mods-broke-on-20, I'm fairly sure ORDA is not compatible with 0.20. Kethane needs a patch, MechJeb 2 is updated for 0.20, and I.S.A has a dev build.

I'm having the same issue. Has anyone been able to resolve. I have a thread going about it here. not heavy on the details though (http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/32562-Kethane-scanners-not-working-in-0-2)

My structure:

GameData\Kethane: Contains \Parts, \Plugins, and \Resources.

\Parts: Contains \Engine, \Fuel Tank, and \Utility, each of which are pretty self-explanatory and have sub-folders with individual parts in them.

\Plugins: Contains \PluginData and MMI_Kethane.dll - \PluginData contains \MMI_Kethane, which contains the actual data.

\Resoureces: Contains Kethane.cfg, with density modified to be 2.5x higher.

I tried this and the parts are not showing up?

its rather simple...

First make sure all old kethane files are gone from any and all KSP folders (you may wanna back up your maps)

Second, download the .rar from this post (its post #335 on page 34 of this thread)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-4-3-Download-link-now-up-to-date-after-forum-catastrophe?p=385320&viewfull=1#post385320

Third, unzip the file (I use 7zip for this)

Finaly, from the unzipped file move the Kethane folder (it should have 3 subfolders inside, Parts, Plugins, Resources) into the KSP GameData folder

that's all I did and ive been mining since a couple hours after this fix was posted

if you have any old kethane stuff left in KS folders, or try to install this fix in the 'legacy' folders it will not work

keep in mind that with this fix I don't think the sound works (the beeping of detector) and you also have to physicaly connect fueltank to converter...other than that it works

its rather simple...

First make sure all old kethane files are gone from any and all KSP folders (you may wanna back up your maps)

Second, download the .rar from this post (its post #335 on page 34 of this thread)

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-4-3-Download-link-now-up-to-date-after-forum-catastrophe?p=385320&viewfull=1#post385320

Third, unzip the file (I use 7zip for this)

Finaly, from the unzipped file move the Kethane folder (it should have 3 subfolders inside, Parts, Plugins, Resources) into the KSP GameData folder

that's all I did and ive been mining since a couple hours after this fix was posted

if you have any old kethane stuff left in KS folders, or try to install this fix in the 'legacy' folders it will not work

keep in mind that with this fix I don't think the sound works (the beeping of detector) and you also have to physicaly connect fueltank to converter...other than that it works

I will try this. Thank you sooooooooooooooooo much for the fast reply and knowledge

hope it works for ya =)

YES! it works great, Thank you

If you want the sound to work, just copy plugindata/mmi_kethane from your old KSP install. It goes in the root folder /plugindata/mmi_kethane/sounds then start KSP.

Im going to do this now, thank you

I was asking about the debugger part, the one which can generate and reveal kethane deposists. You know, so that I can test kethane rigs and see that they work at the KSC.

So while I was noodling around with stuff, I said, 'Fred, you know what you need? You need a mission flag for kethane operations.' So I made one.

Ijql82C.png

Share and enjoy!

EDIT: here's a version with a transparent background in case you think the white one is too harsh. Just pull it into your image editor of choice and put whatever color you like behind it.

YqErxOF.png

EDIT EDIT: and after a bit of tweaking, here's the version I'm going to use:

SuznTbm.png

Edited by FredMSloniker

If you want the sound to work, just copy plugindata/mmi_kethane from your old KSP install. It goes in the root folder /plugindata/mmi_kethane/sounds then start KSP.

I'm a bit...unclear on what exactly this entails.

I tried copying the KSP\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\PluginData\MMI_Kethane\sounds to KSP\PluginData\MMI_Kethane\sounds as this seems to indicate and got no sound.

Edit: Aaaaand redoing it just to make sure, and it works this time. Must've typo'd or something...w/e.

Edited by Tiron

@ipeleng Read a few pages back, Majiir hasn't posted here, but did do a podcast just before 0.20 hit....Kethane is being worked on

Keep in mind these mod devs are doing this work for free, and 0.20 changed some rather important things...be patient (or pay the dev for their time, only way imho to legitimize trying to rush em =P)

Kaaybon...did ya use the kethane.rar fix? (posted in this thread on page 34, post #335) also make sure there is nothing left of the old kethane mod in any of the legacy folders (you can however make backups of your maps)

In order for the fix to work you need to eradicate all trace of old kethane and install the fix in the new 0.20 fashion

(there is also a sound fix floating about...but you have to find that yourself...I didn't bother...I always turn the beeping off anyway lol)

i used the fix, and im pretty (99%) sure that i did eradicate all my old kethane stuff,but still all i get whenever the drill is on my ship is just stars and engine sounds

just did a little test, launched a ship with a drill and it took of fine...well not really, it was fast build and unbalanced, but it was fit for purpose.

Id take a look at what other mods ya got installed right now....keep in mind that a lot of mods that had updates just after 0.20 have had small hotfix updates since then (KAS, firespitter, HL airships to name a few) Make sure your using most current versions of all mods

Hey all, wondering if this is going to get an "official update".Still having issues, and not one to tamper with mods myself.And since the 24th patch i am still having problems.And also wondering when/if new parts are in the works?thanks in advanced~the dude abides,the dude abides

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.