Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

there is however a small bug with the converters in the fix you should be aware of before proceding with your missions. fuel tanks have to be physicaly connected to the converter to be filled, eith via node attach or fuel lines. not a big deal, just have to pay attention a bit more during build.

there is however a small bug with the converters in the fix you should be aware of before proceding with your missions. fuel tanks have to be physicaly connected to the converter to be filled, eith via node attach or fuel lines. not a big deal, just have to pay attention a bit more during build.

Works with a KAS connector in Docked mode as well..

Kethane doesn't need fuel lines at all(at least it didn't in .19, didn't actually play .20 yet due to becoming addicted to Touhou), it flows like MonoPropellant does.

The only thing that needs fuel lines is the converter (only if it's not connected by fuel-crossfeeding parts, of course), and here you have to start the fuel line at the tank, not at the converter.

Kethane doesn't need fuel lines at all(at least it didn't in .19, didn't actually play .20 yet due to becoming addicted to Touhou), it flows like MonoPropellant does.

The only thing that needs fuel lines is the converter (only if it's not connected by fuel-crossfeeding parts, of course), and here you have to start the fuel line at the tank, not at the converter.

Your talking about how things normaly operate. Theres some bugs with the fixes...that's what being explained.

Kinda counter-productive to post how things used to work.

Allow me to re-word that for Kreuzung, so that it is more clear.

Kethane hasn't ever, and does not now, need fuel lines except for one situation:

you need to connect a fuel line From a tank, To a converter, if that tank is not in the same vertical stack as the converter.

if you want to call it a bug, fine, I wont argue that. I just call it 'how it works'.

what is the work around for .20.2?

page 34 post #335 has link for fixed .rar

there is also a separate fix floating around for the sound, sorry don't recall where that one is (few pages after the fix someplace)

I have a few questions about the KE-J65 Zero-Bypass Turbine that comes with the kethane mod...

Does it work?

Does it work in a vacuum?

Does it require only kethane to operate?

What is KIntakeAir and do I need it?

Thank you

I have a few questions about the KE-J65 Zero-Bypass Turbine that comes with the kethane mod...

Does it work?

Does it work in a vacuum?

Does it require only kethane to operate?

What is KIntakeAir and do I need it?

Thank you

yes

no

no

kraken fart....that clear things up for you =P

only place ive found those engines to work are in jools atmosphere

ive been playing under the assumption that kethane is kinda like RL methane or propane, kethair being the vapor of the gas Id say. Jool being green I think the kethane mod implies its a gas planet of kethane.....

if it works in other conditions id sure like to know, but only place ive found so far

Edited by KhaosCorp

yes

no

no

kraken fart....that clear things up for you =P

only place ive found those engines to work are in jools atmosphere

ive been playing under the assumption that kethane is kinda like RL methane or propane, kethair being the vapor of the gas Id say. Jool being green I think the kethane mod implies its a gas planet of kethane.....

if it works in other conditions id sure like to know, but only place ive found so far

the KE-J65 Zero-Bypass Turbine works on any atmosphere without oxygen as its configured right now.

what is the work around for .20.2?

The sound workaround consists of moving ...\Kerbal Space Program\GameData\Kethane\Plugins\PluginData\MMI_Kethane\sounds to ...\Kerbal Space Program\PluginData\MMI_Kethane\sounds

Minus that non-existant space in MMI_Kethane (It's not there in the post when I edit it, it's something the forum software is doing)

My structure:

GameData\Kethane: Contains \Parts, \Plugins, and \Resources.

\Parts: Contains \Engine, \Fuel Tank, and \Utility, each of which are pretty self-explanatory and have sub-folders with individual parts in them.

\Plugins: Contains \PluginData and MMI_Kethane.dll - \PluginData contains \MMI_Kethane, which contains the actual data.

\Resoureces: Contains Kethane.cfg, with density modified to be 2.5x higher.

When you increased the density does in increase the number of nodes, the amount of kethane in each node or both?

Will it also modify maps that have all ready been done?

When you increased the density does in increase the number of nodes, the amount of kethane in each node or both?

Will it also modify maps that have all ready been done?

I could be way off on this.....but I think that adjust the weight per unit for a resource, or mass.

Im probly wrong but that was my take away when I peeked at it

Majiir, since it doesn't look like we're getting resources any time soon (or not in 0.21 anyway), does that mean you'll be trying to improve the Kethane system a bit for this development cycle? :)

This. Its clear its going to be a very very long time at this pace before we see anything resembling official resource collection implemented.

I'm getting an issue using timewarp on an orbit around Minmus. I have a small probe with a kethane detector and if activate it and then time warp for too long the game chugs to a halt (1-3 fps). Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?

I'm getting an issue using timewarp on an orbit around Minmus. I have a small probe with a kethane detector and if activate it and then time warp for too long the game chugs to a halt (1-3 fps). Anyone else having this issue or know a fix?
Do You have ISA MapSat also on that ship? That might be the problem (with artifacts.dat - check MapSat thread).

BTW I have few questions about Kethane mod:

1. What's maximum warp multiplier for scanning to take place?

2. Is Kethane randomly placed on moons and planets or is it scripted?

3. Are there rich and poor Kethane fields? Or quantity drilled is always and everywhere the same?

BTW I have few questions about Kethane mod:

1. What's maximum warp multiplier for scanning to take place?

2. Is Kethane randomly placed on moons and planets or is it scripted?

3. Are there rich and poor Kethane fields? Or quantity drilled is always and everywhere the same?

1. 50x Warp is the fastest/most accurate

2. As far as I can tell it's random although I reinstalled the mod from my old game folder and brought my old maps with me xD

3. Yes, differs from field to field, all worth mining though! None so low that I've not bothered anyway.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.