Kethane Pack 0.9.2 - New cinematic trailer! - 1.0 compatibility update

Majiir

Awesome work on that fix, sorted my Kethane out beautifully.

I was wondering tho, does Kethane work with the KAS mod? is the winch lines able to transfer Kethane (i know it works with regular fuel)

Winch lines merge vessels just like docking ports, anything you could transfer while docked, you can with KAS.

When KAS gets fixed. :)

Yeah, i'm waiting for KAS update too. All my ships carry winches and connectors for refuel-on-the-fly operations. Kethane miners, fuel haulers, interplanetary tankers even more so. For now i run only scanning operations.

Yeah, i'm waiting for KAS update too. All my ships carry winches and connectors for refuel-on-the-fly operations. Kethane miners, fuel haulers, interplanetary tankers even more so. For now i run only scanning operations.

Same here...most my logistics chain uses KAS in some way....hope to see a 0.20 version by end of weekend (KAS, as well as HL airships is being worked on, seems 0.20 broke a lot of plugins...)

@RocketPilot573

I have that problem too. Without a kethane scanner my rocket loads fine, but as soon as I attach one and try to launch, I get to see the space background with the sound of an atmospheric reentry playing continuously. I'll see if I can find a log file somewhere...

EDIT:

The PluginData folder seems to go inside Plugins, not in the KSP root. I can now launch rockets with kethane parts.

Edited by werner291

On the next update on this mod can you make a kethane flag? :D

Just need to make a mission flag if I understand flags properly. Just set the placed flags name as "Kethane Deposit" and viola.

What am I not getting here, I got the pack working but I do not have pumps or controllers... Where ae they? Are they supposed to be included? do i have to download something else? They are not in the parts folder.

bump guys, just answer me if "pumps" and "controllers" still exist like it says on the main page. I do not get those. How else do you transfer kethane and fuel and stuff?

Is anyone else having a problem with the converters? For me they just don't work. The Detectors, Tanks, and Drill all work like they are supposed to, but the converters don't do anything at all for me.

Currently with Kethane, you can only create fuel for a type of tank that is connected to the kethane converter directly (either above, below, or with a fuel line running FROM the fuel tank TO the converter. This is a bug that will eventually be sorted out, but hopefully there is your answer (I know it doesn't help if you are already at the site and filled up, but good luck).

@RocketPilot573

I have that problem too. Without a kethane scanner my rocket loads fine, but as soon as I attach one and try to launch, I get to see the space background with the sound of an atmospheric reentry playing continuously. I'll see if I can find a log file somewhere...

EDIT:

The PluginData folder seems to go inside Plugins, not in the KSP root. I can now launch rockets with kethane parts.

Could you explain the fix a bit better please?

EDIT: Nevermind, I've figured out what you mean, Thanks! Finally my space program can continue.:D

Edited by RocketPilot573

Problem report:

1: both kethane detectors give null references

2: drill gives null reference

3: kethane tanks have misaligned nodes

Converter may be bugged too but I can't test as the drills are bugged

I have this major problem... Every time I restart my game all my kethane maps restart too. They just clear and I need to go to detection cycle again....I've already done this detection 3 times and every time places of kethane change . What I need to do to fix this??

>>>KETHANE SOLUTION<<<

I got kethane 0.4.3 to work fine in KSP0.20 The problem is that KSP is looking in the wrong place for the plugin data folder when using the "backwards compatable" folders, because it is using the 0.20 folder position, not the 0.90 folder position. as a result KSP is looking in the wrong place for dependant files.

copy KSP>PluginData>mmi_kethane

to KSP>Plugin>PluginData>mmi_kethane

with the data in both locations the Kethane mod, and no doubt many other problem mods work fine, as wherever it looks it will find the appropriate data files.

(I noticed this was the case when I saw that KSP was creating a new PluginData folder in the wrong place)

There are many ways to get this working guys. I have used the one in the link that elkar posted. I installed it just like a .20 mod and copied the sounds over to the old location in PluginData/MMI_Kethane/sounds It is working 100% for me. Just remove all your old stuff and back up your maps. Then install the one elkar linked here http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/23979-Kethane-Pack-0-4-3-Download-link-now-up-to-date-after-forum-catastrophe?p=385320&viewfull=1#post385320

That works for me. YMMV.

couple questions about the Kethane mod.

A) Do kethane deposits run dry, forcing you to go to the next one? and if so, how much kethane in your average deposit?

B) Where are kethane deposits NOT located, is it just Kerbin or Planets in general?

C) Do multiple drills increase extraction speed?

A. Kethane deposits do indeed run out over time. The size of a deposit depends greatly on luck, but they can range in size from around 16,000 to as much as 640,000 from what I've seen. The deposits on Kerbin, the Mun, and Minmus never seem to go over 320,000 though.

B. All planets have Kethane, even Kerbin. They won't necessarily be located on land, however, for Kerbin, Eve or Laythe. Each body has multiple deposits; not sure on the hard limit, but it seems pretty high.

C. Yes they do. They also increase power consumption. The increase is perfectly uniform (so two drills need twice the power of one drill and draw up twice the Kethane).

And a few other facts that trip most first-timers up: you have to put at least some Kethane storage on board to be able to convert Kethane, and converters need a direct connection to a fuel tank to convert liquid fuel and/or oxidizer; if the converter is not directly on top of or below a fuel tank, fuel lines have to be fed from a tank into the converter.

Edited by SkyRender

A: Yes. Depends - two hundreds thousand units on average. But its random.

B. Generally you'll find kethane everywhere in the system. Question is: can you reach it? Sometimes biggest deposits are near poles, or under really rough terrain. Again, its random.

C: Yes, but also gobble up more power. I have yet to build a miner that can comfortable run 4 drill and converter simultaneously.

kethanemonster1.jpg

The 24 drills and two converters suck up 230 units of power in total, those big panels in full light provide 200 each. It was that or 500 RTG's lol. Thinking about making an actual nuclear reactor with its own model and fuel requirement and a bunch of other really heavy parts that would need to be removed and replaced based on your save game time not on how many units of power it puts out.

Edited by HoY

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.