'Plant Flag on Pol' Mission Can be Completed on Minmus (or any other CB)

SolarAdmiral

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

I got the Plant Flag on Pol mission completed by planting a flag on Minmus, either in the Arctic Ice or Ice Sheets biome.

Edited by The Space Peacock

42 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 

Mission named "Second Dibs: Gold Edition" is completed by planting flag even on Kerbin. Also tested on Duna with same wrong result.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: 11th Gen Intel Core i5-11600K @ 3.9GHz | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3050 | RAM32 GB

I was awarded the completion of the "Second Dibs: Gold Edition" mission (which requires you to plant a flag on Pol), when I planted a flag on Ike for the first time.

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: Alarm Clock, BepInEx, Docking Alignment Display, Flight Plant, Micro Engineer, Node Manager, SpaceWarp, UITK for KSP 2 | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 Home | CPU: Processor AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core Processor, 3701 Mhz, 12 Core(s), 24 Logical Processor(s) | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti | RAM32GB

The mission objective is to plant a flag on Pol, but the mission is completed once you plant a flag on Dres, by the western "ramp" mountain around the Eye of Dres. I haven't tested whether this works other places.
I have previously flown a few crafts to Jool, but have not landed on any of its moons.

The craft attached was flown to Dres via a larger tug craft, assembled in orbit, that makes a difference.

Included Attachments:

DresLander.json

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Pro | CPU: i9-11900k | GPU: RTX 3080 | RAM64

Severity: Low

Frequency: High. 

Description:  With both the Land on Ike with 3 Kerbals and Plant a flag on Pol missions tracked, land on Ike with a spacecraft with 3 kerbals and use one of them to plant a flag.  Landing will complete the first mission, and surprisingly, planting the flag will complete the second, even though it shouldn't because I landed on Ike, not Pol (I've never been to Pol).  To reproduce - load the "Ike Landing" save file (neither mission completed) and land on Ike and plant the flag (after which both missions will be completed).  The "Ike Flag" save file has the already landed craft with the flag placed and both missions completed for comparison.

Please let me know if you need more information.

Included Attachments:

IkeKerbalLander.zip

IkeSaves.zip

OS: Windows 11 home | CPU: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | GPU: RTX 4070 | RAM32 GB DDR5 @ 6000 MHz

Upon completing the ‘Tertiary Dibs: Platinum’ mission (plant a flag in the eye of Dres), the ‘Plant  a  flag on Pol’ mission is also completed.

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Intel i7 | GPU: Nvidia RTX 3060 | RAM16 GB DDR5

It looks like the Second Dibs mission wants me to place a flag on Pol, but I just went and put one on Gilly and I got the reward nonetheless. Don't know what kind of bug it is (and not that I'm really complaining) but it seems like the missions aren't checking *which* moon I'm going to. I know this wasn't a mistake on my part because I have never *been* to Pol's surface at all let alone planted a flag.

Included Attachments: