Can't eva due to obstacle, obstacle isn't obvious for user.

Jeq

Bug Report

16 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5500 | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti | RAM16384MB

"EVA is disabled due to an obstacle" if I put something like a parachute on the top of the door, and if I really put something that seems to block the door it doesn't block at all.

And a Kerman get out at the top of the door when doing EVA, so I think there maybe something wrong with the PPD-10 carbin model.

Included Attachments:

Had this issue recently, parachute was just barely covering the door and was not obvious at all that it would be an issue.  I feel a warning before being able to launch, or at least a mention in the Engineers report, could help with this.
Should we test every entry/exit possiblity on each craft, yes, do we... well this is KSP afterall!

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 (64 bit) | CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 7950X 16-Core Processor | GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT | RAMRAM: 31864 Mb

Severity: (high/med/low). medium

Frequency: (high/med/low). low - only seen this with one of my vehicles

Description:  Did a complex mission to Moho that included a craft which included the MK1 Tin Can on a lander as well as an MK1 Explorer. I tested the craft on the launch pad and was able to EVA out of the MK1 Tin Can. I decoupled the craft above Moho and landed the MK1 portion on Moho but now cannot EVA.

Included Attachments:

I had trouble with the external seat as well, my rover has back seats that cannot EVA, I think because the front seats are a little too close (although visually it looks like there is a reasonable amount of space).

Reported Version: v0.2.0 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 10 | CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHz | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 SUPER | RAM24.0 GB

My rover has four command chairs, which are spaced in a way that the back seats are considered to be blocked by the game. 

I set my rover down on Ike and got a Kerbal on EVA to go to it. I got onto the ladder and found the "board" option available. After I clicked it, the Kerbal was sitting in the back seat and can't exit the chair due to an "obstacle".

Included Attachments:

OS: Windows 11 | CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x | GPU: Pny RTX 3080 | RAM48GB

I was doing the mission "Land 3 kerbals on Duna". On my ship I had the  3-kerbal pod. Above the hatch I had a deployable (but not retractable) straight solar thing with 6 sections (sorry, I don't have the game open so I don't know the name of the exact part).

At the time of take-off there were no issues flagged by the engineer but on my way to Duna I tried an EVA and was advised that my kerbals couldn't get out as the hatch was blocked. (I tried this both before extending the solar panels and after extending them).

Included Attachments:

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 | CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 7600X | GPU: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 | RAM32 GB

Severity: low

Frequency: low

Description:  Launched a Rover inside a fairing with Kerbal already in the External Command Seat. After the fairing deployed I noticed Bob shaking and waving his arms. Couldn't leave the seat because of an obstacle even though it worked while testing on Kerbin. Switching to another seat and switching back fixed both the shaking and the obstacle problem.

Included Attachments:

Edited by The Space Peacock