Searching for discoverables is an absolute pain.

Vl3d

Seriously, what am I supposed to do with a 3x time warp hard limit at ~40 km altitude? There's no way I will ever visually survey celestial bodies at this speed. Discoverables aren't even really visible if you are above 20 km anyway... This is not fun and it's an absolute waste of time if you play the game because you want to explore and find new stuff. What am I supposed to do.. ask other players about discoverable locations or search the web only to get spoiled? ... exploration mode, yay ...

Screenshot-152.png

Even waiting for a landing site to roll around while you sit patiently in a polar orbit is painful.

Players will learn not to use excessive warp - the hard way if necessary.  The game shouldn't prevent us.  (that said, I agree with dropping it to 50 when changing SOI for the player to increase again as needed)

We really need scanning to come into the game—flight information maps and POI scanning, and do it SCANsat style. Planetary surfaces are enormous and if these discoverables aren’t scannable they aren’t really part of the game. Its okay just to show where they are. What matters is encouraging precision landing and surface exploration. 

Edited by Pthigrivi

I give up on searching for discoverables by doing visual orbital surveys. It's too time consuming. If I stumble upon them, so be it.  If you find any, please post ONLY their location (no images of actual discoverable) here:

8 hours ago, Pthigrivi said:

We really need scanning to come into the game—flight information maps and POI scanning, and do it SCANsat style. Planetary surfaces are enormous and if these discoverables aren’t scannable they aren’t really part of the game. Its okay just to show where they are. What matters is encouraging precision landing and surface exploration. 

I do hope it comes sooner, but odds are that if there is a scanning system akin to kerbnet coming to the game, it'll be all the way over with the resource update, scanning for deposits - stuff like anomaly detection just being a side component. I imagine the team passively considers it a feature and not a bug, encouraging people to spend more time exploring in their play while the games in EA. Even if that gameplay sucks right now, it is something to do :P

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.