Online rocket construction tool/planner

dunodisko221

A while back (I think I was in 5th or 6th grade) I remember having an app called KSP Delta-V calculator, which let you select what parts made up your rocket and it would tell you where you could go. That app has long since vanished and I can’t find a similar tool. I know the game has a built-in Delta-V readout but sometimes it’s inaccurate and installing mods (specifically Kerberos Engineer Redux) opens the gate to bugs. Is there some form of online tool that lets you view the list of parts and design a craft?

In my mind it would be similar to a CAD program like LeoCAD where you get a list of everything and you can drag them into an editor.

I would understand if something this niche doesn’t exist, but I’m just checking to see.

The "Where Can I Go?" mod still works with KSP 1.12. It shows what planets you can reach while you're constructing your rocket. If you've already flying in low orbit it will estimate which bodies you can reach.

If you want to use no mods, find a delta-V map (linked below for stock, and many planet packs such as JNSQ and KSRSS include their own PDF maps) and do your own calculations based on what the VAB readout shows. For a rough estimate, use sea level dV for the 1st stage then add vacuum dV for additional stages to get your total dV.

• 3 weeks later...
On 1/17/2024 at 4:44 PM, DeadJohn said:

If you want to use no mods, find a delta-V map (linked below for stock, and many planet packs such as JNSQ and KSRSS include their own PDF maps) and do your own calculations based on what the VAB readout shows. For a rough estimate, use sea level dV for the 1st stage then add vacuum dV for additional stages to get your total dV.

Good Lord! You telling me I've had this Delta-V map taped to my wall for nearly 10 years?!

...It's actually in pretty good shape for being that old.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.