[WIP] KerbX - A SpaceX analogue for KSP

Borklund

Falcon 9 1.1 is now certified for flight though. :) and other issues are now fixed. they are heading for launch now :D

Not quite!

The design is qualified for flight acceptance testing. No flight hardware has yet to be tested and so the FR9 is not flight ready yet. The next series of tests will be with flight hardware instead of the test hardware they have been using (and melting) for the last month.

Been awhile since there was an update. Many of my Dragon's are lost daily due to a manufacturing error of missing parachutes! :P

I know you said you were adding them and updating the solar panel textures, any progress?

Just a quick couple of notes as I happen to be working with someone who interned with SpaceX, both human dragon and falcon heavy has been pushed back to at least 2015... Especially falcon heavy because they have not done the final design yet, and human dragon while a rework of cargo dragon is taking longer than expected.

Just a quick couple of notes as I happen to be working with someone who interned with SpaceX, both human dragon and falcon heavy has been pushed back to at least 2015... Especially falcon heavy because they have not done the final design yet, and human dragon while a rework of cargo dragon is taking longer than expected.

2015 isn't a pushback for the human-rated Dragon. 2015 has always been the goal. SpaceX is on track to complete all their CCiCAP goals by mid-2014, and then do a crew launch sometime in 2015.

http://www.nasaspaceflight.com/2013/01/spacex-crewed-dragon-the-advantage/

Spaceflight now shows that three of the five Falcon 9 1.1 launches this year have been delayed, but most are like a 1 month delay, this is often caused from a delay in the satellite manufacturing process. No big deal considering the delays that I am seeing with our GPS Block III satellites that im working on.

• 2 weeks later...

Question? I was trying to put a KerbX tank on the side of a another KerbX tank to build the heavy lift version and it wount let me connect. is any one else having this issue?

You can also do a Falcon Heavy-esque by inserting the medium sized 3M stock tank between the two halves, radial attach decoupler, another one of those tanks to the couplers, and then stack down (and up if you want) from there. That requires no config edits, but is less faithful.

1,0,1,0,1 is correct

the a is the attach rules for the jumbo 64 (fuel tank 3-2) and does work

i can share an example .craft with you but you need the laztek radial decoupler for it to load as that is the one that worked for me when i made mine.

Hello,

I'm no longer going to be working on KerbX. I've largely lost interest in 3d modelling and modding KSP and more importantly I am and will continue to be busy with school, work and other stuff for the forseeable future. That said, I will not rule out resuming work on KerbX if I find the time and energy in the future. Therefore I will not release the existing assets for other people to pick up where I left off. I've asked the moderators to close this thread so if you have any questions you should send me a PM. Thanks to everyone who liked the mod and special thanks to The Stinger for helping me out; could not have done it without you buddy.