Weekly Challenge #45: Just Ring It!

• Community Manager

Challenge45_RingIt_Landscape.png

Flying through the boat dock's ring is a popular challenge. Let's see if we can mix it up a little:

Primary: Fly a craft through the ring hanging from the crane at the boat dock.
Secondary: Fly a craft through the ring at over 500m/s. If you can go faster, go for the record! (It's at least over 1km/s by now)
Jeb: How good's your aim? Decouple a spent tank or other part in flight so that it falls through the ring. Your active craft must not pass through the ring with it.
Val: Launch a spaceplane into orbit. After re-entry, glide it, unpowered, through the ring. Don't forget your water wings!

While Val doesn't specifically call for an SSTO, I decided to play it as an SSTO challenge. In the history of plans for SSTOs, one word has characterized them above all others: Biplane. 

Edited by ralanboyle

So then I figured, why not just strap a missile to my SSTO and knock out Jeb and Val in one flight? At first it was a tiny missile, but that's no fun, so I gave her a big-ass rocket. 

Edited by ralanboyle
Update

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.