"Landing Can" can be confused by "Tin Can" in the Kapy Rock Mission: Especially for French translation

Anonymous Bug Reporter

Bug Report

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: commnext | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: windows 11 family | CPU: Intel 14700k | GPU: 4080 super | RAM32go

Hello, the French text says you need a "conserve d'atterrissage". The French translation for the Small pod is "conserve", while the medium one is "boîte de sardines".

you need the medium one, the "boîte de sardines", please correct it.

(I learned it the hard way after 3 successfully Small pods land-on and more than 15 hours of gameplay... I decided to watch a YT guide and immediately notice that the French text for the missions was mismatching)

Spicat Edit:

I am also French so I can get my view on this.  "Tin Can" can be confused by "Landing Can" even in English (both are "Can" but both are different for the mission).

But it's even worse in French:

The "Tin Can" is translated to just "Conserve" instead of "Boite de conserve" (Like it is with the translation of "Tun Can" which is "Boite de sardine"), it's not really incorrect per se, but it adds to the confusion so consider changing it to "Boite de conserve". It's like if in English, it was "Can" Mk1 instead of "Tin Can" Mk1

8CvU17z.png

It's maybe the same in other languages but I can't confirm. This problem is also relevant for English though.

Edited by Spicat

2 answers to this question

Reported Version: v0.2.1 (latest) | Mods: none | Can replicate without mods? Yes 
OS: Windows 11 Pro | CPU: Ryzen 5 5600X | GPU: GTX 1660 super | RAM16 GB

I got there and did two crew observations at Kerbin: Landed at Kapy Rock, one inside the lander can and one outside of the lander can. It did not finish the mission.

Included Attachments: