Kapitalism

5 hours ago, Darknote said:

So this is interesting. After playing for 1 hour, the Funds disappear from top right of the screen, and in the VAB I get Kapitalism error after trying to launch vehicles.

FIfkLql.png

I love this mod too much, so I am pretty disheartened to try again and have the same thing happen :(

Can you please have a look?  .ckan file is here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AucfyQV7bniVhckZYr8Ez1vdQxochQ?e=FKQCc9

And save file is here:

New New New Beginnings.7z

Thank you for any advice!

EDIT: After starting a new campaign, same issue present. Kapitalism gives error and does not show Funds.
EDIT^2: Deleted and Re-installed everything else. Hopefully this will be fine...
EDIT^3: Now my workspace is not saving with my rocket and my missions are not getting completed anymore xD

I think I will come back to this game next year. Cheers!

Hi thanks for the bug report. 

I will try to get this fixed ASAP

7 hours ago, Darknote said:

So this is interesting. After playing for 1 hour, the Funds disappear from top right of the screen, and in the VAB I get Kapitalism error after trying to launch vehicles.

FIfkLql.png

I love this mod too much, so I am pretty disheartened to try again and have the same thing happen :(

Can you please have a look?  .ckan file is here:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!AucfyQV7bniVhckZYr8Ez1vdQxochQ?e=FKQCc9

And save file is here:

New New New Beginnings.7z

Thank you for any advice!

EDIT: After starting a new campaign, same issue present. Kapitalism gives error and does not show Funds.
EDIT^2: Deleted and Re-installed everything else. Hopefully this will be fine...
EDIT^3: Now my workspace is not saving with my rocket and my missions are not getting completed anymore xD

I think I will come back to this game next year. Cheers!

Hi can you send me the mod save data folder. its at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2\ModSaveData"

10 hours ago, ShadowDev said:

Hi can you send me the mod save data folder. its at "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Kerbal Space Program 2\ModSaveData"

I don't know why, but Windows is derping when I try to open that location?

xXBUGih.png

But I did get the player logs, from Appdata/LocalLow/Intercept Games/KSP2

Kerbal Space Program 2 Player Logs.7z

Not sure if that helps, sorry :(

EDIT: Reinstalled the game again, now saving crafts works, but Contracts don't get completed once I reach past 10km altitude... Attached ModSaveData:
Default.7z

Edited by Darknote

5 hours ago, Darknote said:

I don't know why, but Windows is derping when I try to open that location?

xXBUGih.png

But I did get the player logs, from Appdata/LocalLow/Intercept Games/KSP2

Kerbal Space Program 2 Player Logs.7z

Not sure if that helps, sorry :(

EDIT: Reinstalled the game again, now saving crafts works, but Contracts don't get completed once I reach past 10km altitude... Attached ModSaveData:
Default.7z

you have a dot at the end of a folder, that will cause it to be inaccessible. will add a fix for that in 0.0.2.1 so dots get removed.

do you have the logs for the "Contracts don't get completed" part. 

19 hours ago, ShadowDev said:

you have a dot at the end of a folder, that will cause it to be inaccessible. will add a fix for that in 0.0.2.1 so dots get removed.

do you have the logs for the "Contracts don't get completed" part. 

Yes, here: Player.log

Not sure if the player log helps, let me know if anything else is needed!

In the meantime, I will return to KSP1 :( 

Edited by Darknote

9 hours ago, Darknote said:

Yes, here: Player.log

Not sure if the player log helps, let me know if anything else is needed!

In the meantime, I will return to KSP1 :( 

You seem to be having some very odd permission issues.

As far as I can tell this is not mod related. 

have you installed any new software recently? 

I got to ask because I did not find the answer yet.

How is the "budget" system working. I can see that I gain around 0.5 budget per mission. Is it a multiplier ? Am I actually winning 0.5 $ ?
I don't get how it works.

Many thanks Kerbonauts !

Edited by Mattness

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Mattness said:

I got to ask because I did not find the answer yet.

How is the "budget" system working. I can see that I ween around 0.5 budget per mission. Is it a multiplier ? Am I actually winning 0.5 $ ?
I don't get how it works.

Many thanks Kerbonauts !

The budget system works like this

Every year budget gets reset to (1000 * Budget Multiplier)

The budget in the mission refers to the multiplier that gets added to your total budget multiplier. 

so if you click on kapitalist you start with 5x multiplier aka 1000 * 5
lets say you do a mission with a budget reward of 0.5, that will add 0.5 to the multiplier. you wont see any changes until the next game year when you get your new budget. 

the total money you see is current years budget + funds 

the budget system will come more into play in future updates where you balance private company vs government ran org.

Edited by ShadowDev

When is the ship "paid" ?

For example, let's say that I want to bring my rocket to the launchpad just to see how its lightning works ? I won't launch the rocket but just test the lighningt. Will it cost me 2 times (one for lightning test and the other for the real launch) ?

9 hours ago, Mattness said:

When is the ship "paid" ?

For example, let's say that I want to bring my rocket to the launchpad just to see how its lightning works ? I won't launch the rocket but just test the lighningt. Will it cost me 2 times (one for lightning test and the other for the real launch) ?

when its sent to the pad is when the funds are deducted. first from the Budget balance and if your budget balance is 0 it then uses your funds.
if you are just testing, reverting the flight will give you the money back. (a gui bug shows this not happening, but it does. still working on fixing that bug)

Just now, ShadowDev said:

when its sent to the pad is when the funds are deducted. first from the Budget balance and if your budget balance is 0 it then uses your funds.
if you are just testing, reverting the flight will give you the money back. (a gui bug shows this not happening, but it does. still working on fixing that bug)

The next update 0.0.3 will give a breakdown of both balances. 
you can see them in the save file at Kerbal Space Program 2\ModSaveData\[your save name]\kapitalism in that folder you will have a list of saves.
you will see a key of Budget and one for Funds, they are the 2 balances. 

• 2 weeks later...