The Comprehensive Colony Communications Archive

On 4/12/2024 at 9:05 PM, klipantakmon said:

Thing is, with the fiasco that we have on our hands and the countless lies that have been told, one would have to be a fool to believe everything that was said in the interviews, q&a etc.

haven't been any lies as far as I can see since launch?

On 4/25/2024 at 10:20 PM, RileyHef said:

Providing an update on my speculated timeline due to news we learned today (confirmation of 0.2.3 and a still unknown on 0.2.2 release date).

The average time between updates is now 54 days (up from 49 in quoted post).

If 0.2.2 released in 2 weeks we would have it on May 9th, 2024.

Using the current average of all update timeframes, we could anticipate 0.2.3 on or around July 2nd, 2024.

Again, using the average above, the time between 0.2.3 and 0.3.0 would take us to a release date on or around August 25th, 2024.

0.1 to 0.2 was 9 months, 25 days. This speculative colonies release date would put time between 0.2 and 0.3 at 8 months, 6 days.

---

These are rough numbers and approximations only, so I am not making any sound predictions. However, I do believe this is an easy way to put progress into perspective. This timeline still has colonies beating the time it took to reach For Science by roughly a month and a half. Still acceptable, given Nate's previously mentioned hopes. However, there is very little room for additional 3 month gaps between updates and/or a 0.2.4 update if we are to believe his word. I'm skeptical that we get colonies before September 2024, but I would love to be proved wrong.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment. 

4 hours ago, Icegrx said:

The comprehensive false promises archive 

Or in other words, "Exhibit A" for some proposed legal-pursuits?

7 hours ago, Icegrx said:

The comprehensive false promises archive 

2 hours ago, Flush Foot said:

Or in other words, "Exhibit A" for some proposed legal-pursuits?

7 minutes ago, PopinFRESH said:

I think this would at least be in the realm of "Exhibit ZZZ" :/

Actually, I tried to do this way back when: https://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/topic/217291-actual-quotes-for-substantiated-arguments-thread/

The thread was shut down because we were doing "propaganda/spin/analysis" and "general discussion". In other words, it is allowed to argue about things without substantiating them with quotes, or to provide quotes without any argument, but doing both at the same time is against the rules. Just letting you know so you don't get in trouble.

9 minutes ago, VlonaldKerman said:

<snip>...Just letting you know so you don't get in trouble.

I got a 2 week ban for something far more trivial back shortly after the EA launch, which is when I fully checked out caring at all about this forum or this project. There is nothing that I could care less about than "getting in trouble" on this forum; that isn't to say that I intend to. I do however appreciate the intent of your post.

39 minutes ago, VlonaldKerman said:

Just letting you know so you don't get in trouble.

God you weren’t  kidding. I remember that getting shut down.

But don’t worry there’s only negative voices here that drown out the positive ones. This is because of how free the moderation is, not because there’s only like 12 people left with a positive view of this game. It’s definitely not the case that as long as you’re positive about the game you get to be condescending to everyone else and curse at people, no no no that rule is applied equally to the positive and negative camps, it’s definitely not one of the many rules used subjectively to allow the silencing of discussion that doesn’t toe the proper pro KSP line.

32 minutes ago, PopinFRESH said:

There is nothing that I could care less about than "getting in trouble" on this forum; that isn't to say that I intend to

I have had comments removed twice that was just quoting someone back at them. Their original condescending message is allowed, speaking the same way back to them is taken down. 

dont care lol. I sympathize with mods I really do, but there’s lots of online spaces with good moderation where I do thank them regularly.

funny how in none of those is every thread littered with snips and messages about comment removal. Also couldn’t list any of those by name unlike other spaces because they step in infrequently.

keep stuff on topic, remove outright personal attacks and step back. People may not notice u but you also won’t be disliked, and the conversations will be better.