"Frontiers Await" A KSP 3D Blender Animated Film

Posted (edited)

In case nobody has posted this before, i want to share with you guys this fantastic KSP animated short film created by AnimatedK, all credits goes to him. Hope you enjoy this brilliantly made piece of art as much as i did!

kWdqRsS.png

Edited by adsii1970
Edited by moderator: CPOTM( 2024-05) image added.

Posted (edited)

Literally inspired me to start learning blender. I've always wanted to learn to 3d model and animate but now... I, like, REALLY want to learn it :) 

Edited by NexusHelium

18 hours ago, NexusHelium said:

Literally inspired me to start learning blender. I've always wanted to learn to 3d model and animate but now... I, like, REALLY want to learn it :) 

Welcome aboard, is a one way trip only!
As generalist 3d artist, im already very familiar with Blender, the only thing that stop me from create (high quality or nothing) Mods for KSP is coding: Python and C++ to be more specific, and some minor Unity skills. Maybe is time to give it a shot after all...

6 minutes ago, Ariel Kerman said:

Welcome aboard, is a one way trip only!
As generalist 3d artist, im already very familiar with Blender, the only thing that stop me from create (high quality or nothing) Mods for KSP is coding: Python and C++ to be more specific, and some minor Unity skills. Maybe is time to give it a shot after all...

Yeah. I'm pretty good with textures and more 2d things but sculpting and the animating has always been my Achilles's heel. That's what's been keeping me away but we'll see how I do later lol ;) 

On 5/8/2024 at 11:18 AM, NexusHelium said:

Yeah. I'm pretty good with textures and more 2d things but sculpting and the animating has always been my Achilles's heel. That's what's been keeping me away but we'll see how I do later lol ;) 

Animation shouldn't be a problem for modding as far as i know, and for parts, my advice to you is to focus more in modeling* instead sculpting. Hard-surface modeling to be specific ;) Anyway if you know where is a place to discuss mod development without being developing one, let me know, and feel free to PM me if necesary...

On 5/6/2024 at 8:41 PM, Ariel Kerman said:

In case nobody has posted this before, i want to share with you guys this fantastic KSP animated short film created by AnimatedK, all credits goes to him. Hope you enjoy this brilliantly made piece of art as much as i did!

Kind words! Thanks for sharing :hug:

16 hours ago, AnimatedK said:

Kind words! Thanks for sharing :hug:

I knew you was here somewhere, but a couldn't tag you for some weird reason.
Your last short IMO really deserves a behind scenes/tutorial too if possible...  :prograde:

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Ariel Kerman said:

behind scenes/tutorial too if possible

Behind the scenes? Yes

Tutorial? Eh.... I don't know if they (or I ;)) would like someone completely copying their work.

But I would love to see the behind the scenes project of the work put into it because man was there a lot of it :) 

Edited by NexusHelium

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, NexusHelium said:

Tutorial? Eh.... I don't know if they (or I ;)) would like someone completely copying their work.

I didn't mean that lol
He already did some KSP-to-Blender model extraction tutorial in the past, I just tried to say it would be nice to see more of those kind of videos again. Of course it is fully up to him to do that. Maybe I didn't express it correctly because I don't want to sound demanding or something like that...  :D

Edited by Ariel Kerman