[1.12.5] JNSQ Volumetrics | v1.5

rbeap

I second your sentiment in the OP about feeling burnt out. I was playing with the configs a lot independently, and jeez is it frustrating.

Edit edit: Seems I need to learn how to play with the in-game editors, because my text-based method is too slow for experimentation.

Edit: Blackrack gave a workaround for the "sunflare passing through planet issue" here. Note that this is related to deferred rendering only.

Scatterer thread

Edited by shifty803

3 hours ago, rbeap said:

@shifty803 what do u think? i increased the height as u suggested and tweaked some other things, i kinda dig it!

G3B8Zwv.png

obviously i get ideas when im tryna take a break from smtn lol

That's the average sky in the UK right there. So if that's what you're going for, spiffing job! BTW the Kerbin aurora is sweet.

How do I get blackrack's volumetric clouds working with this? I have to delete the remove stock clouds config to even get clouds to be visible at all, and they are just normal 2D clouds. I have the volumetric clouds from his Patreon, but I don't see how to get it to work with JNSQ. I already installed this, too.

This is awesome! Thanks very much for working this. I had been bummed that my JNSQ playthrough was lacking the wow factor that volumetrics afford. I saw this release and immediately had to try it out. Here's a few screenshots from my Gemini V mission. Wenbro and Maudin Kerman had much better views from their capsule thanks to you!

GuzwIsB.jpeg

V0k7x6g.jpeg

X5GStBH.jpeg

PqcIGxH.jpeg

9h5E2SU.jpeg

bKZjIsH.jpeg

Jumping on the praise train!

Went for a new JNSQ playthrough, but couldn't make myself ignore all those incredible new mods so much that I even started working on a volumetrics patch myself lol. Needless to say that you overtaking me with the release and delivering this beautiful addon makes me so much happier :D