JNSQVolumetrics | v3.0.1 - Final Approach

rbeap

I did not install from CKAN for these. I had them previously but i deleted them manually for exactly this reason.

as for the log file,  that's the one just in the root directory of KSP right?

8 hours ago, Kellanium said:

I did not install from CKAN for these. I had them previously but i deleted them manually for exactly this reason.

as for the log file,  that's the one just in the root directory of KSP right?

Finally got it. Seems deleting Setting.cfg did it

11 hours ago, Kellanium said:

En cuanto al archivo de registro, es el que está en el directorio raíz de KSP, ¿verdad?

Yes

2 hours ago, Kellanium said:

Finalmente lo conseguí. Parece que lo solucioné borrando Setting.cfg

And glad to hear it, is good to know that too...

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, Ariel Kerman said:

Is gone. It would be nice to know why at least :(

I don't know, but this mod uses a verison of True Volumetric Clouds that is currently only available to Patreon supporters of Blackrack.  This may have violated the licence in someway.  That's my guess, and anyone can speculate... for whatever reason rbeap has removed it and that is completely up to this modder.  They don't need to give reasons why.

I also guess that it may return in the future, but for now we should know that an amazing mod is possible for JNSQ and look forward to what the future may hold when someone else might create something similar.

I don't think it'll be too long until we see a volumetric mod arise again for JNSQ, as above has stated that we now know it's possible, possibly even more. I personally would love to see a LOT more jnsq mods in general.

On the bright side at-least some of us got the files in time, enough to be satisfied until another mod arises. :D

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I don't know, but this mod uses a verison of True Volumetric Clouds that is currently only available to Patreon supporters of Blackrack.  This may have violated the licence in someway.  That's my guess, and anyone can speculate... for whatever reason rbeap has removed it and that is completely up to this modder.  They don't need to give reasons why.

Absolutely agree with this, and i was thinking in that too, probably some kind of licensing problem maybe. we dont know...

2 hours ago, theJesuit said:

I also guess that it may return in the future, but for now we should know that an amazing mod is possible for JNSQ and look forward to what the future may hold when someone else might create something similar.

Actually i was creating my own configs for JNSQ just when this came out before i can resolve some compatibility issues with the non stock celestial bodies. Maybe i can continue this mod by myself except if violating some author/content licence. Thats why i showed interest in some brief words from the author about the deleting, my apologies if i sounded demanding in any way  :prograde:

Welcome back! Now that everything is right with the world once more... 

Are you aware of the issue from LKO with repeating bands pattern in the clouds? I haven't noticed this at any other altitudes on Kerbin. And I haven't made it to another planet with atmo yet.

aIsreGv.jpeg

Edited by MalevolentNinja

Thank you! I apologise again for the scare, but don't worry—the mod is NOT going anywhere anytime soon! What happened wasn't my doing and will not happen again.

The github link has changed since as well as your username... Have you re-registered? 
Also there's no releases in the new repo.

Edited by atomontage

Posted (edited)

@atomontage Yeah i had to use a different account

You need to click 'Code' -> 'Download zip' in order to download from GitHub

I won't put releases on there, SpaceDock is the main download page.

Edited by rbeap

@rbeap I would definitely recommend forming releases on GitHub as it is the main source for the mod development (as I see it anyway). But in the end its for you to decide how to distribute your mod (thanks for your work btw!).

However, I would not suggest to download a repository from GitHub. It is a repository, not a release. It may be unstable and stuff that breaks something can (and often will) be committed there - its normal for development.
Perhaps you might want to remove the GitHub link from the downloads section in the OP then?

Oh and volumetrics seem to gradually disappear from 110km to completely invisible at 130km (not scaled space altitude yet).  I could provide screenshots but I think its reproduced very easily: just teleport to LKO at like 110km then zoom out with your camera - you'll see it. Or perhaps you already know about this.
Anyways, again, thanks for your work!

Edited by atomontage
clarified the report