Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Ahhhhhhh absolutely buzzing. Sorry for the huge wall of image, I'm a little ecstatic.

Pre-flight photo

YBDPXfah.png

The thin line on which we live

QJhR1DQh.png

Visiting a friend

JpCflQyh.png

A Little Perspective (my favourite experience in KSP ever, I think I spent about fifteen minutes just staring at the screen as we fell away from Kerbin)

33gbYYRh.png

Coming home

4EicjEhh.png

Flight Results

tHKw2C6h.png

Link to full flight log.

Thank you for the approval, Ted. I wasn't sure if it was needed, but I jumped at the chance for a big thread like such, haha.

Here is my Mun Base Alpha! Ran by Commander Bobbald Kerman, the base currently holds two kerbals. Sadly, the custom lunar buggy had an issue with its wheels, and suffered critical damage in a crash over rough terrain. A new Lunar base is in its concept stage and will we built with second-hand ancient Soviet parts that the kerbals found in a bunker somewhere in what they don't know as Russia.

HusiiFa.png

I think the shadows don't agree with the position of your superimposed sun. :D

My first Laythe landing!

3mzss3l.png

NERVAs aren't good landing engines, and I should have added some landing legs and parachutes. Well, time for a rescue mission!

I applaud you! Better landing than I'll ever achieve ( You don't want to know how my first munar landing went...).

So, I've been working on a space station. It's not quite there yet, but I just attached a huge awesome-looking tower. It's not the best place for a docking port. I'm just waiting for the tower to snap if I dock with it a little too hard.

BBCA85EA120332490F30DE09AA3EC3230B31E8CA

A937B8182A391565D57B725D7D54C3F3D596D921

Still working on it though. The orange fuel tank has since been emptied and decoupled. Leaving me lots of docking ports to potentially expand.

So, I've been working on a space station. It's not quite there yet, but I just attached a huge awesome-looking tower. It's not the best place for a docking port. I'm just waiting for the tower to snap if I dock with it a little too hard.

/snip/

Still working on it though. The orange fuel tank has since been emptied and decoupled. Leaving me lots of docking ports to potentially expand.

Dat horribly unnecessarily high part count

this is jeb in front of his and bill's permanent residence on the mun. i must say, judging by this picture he is rather enjoying it. bill only agreed to come becuase i packed 100 broccoli sandwiches into his command module. bill lives in the rover type thing.

C8wN8LG.png

and you will be pleased to know that jeb is the first kerman i have EVER landed on the mun without infinite fuel in the process:cool:

Edited by Fastfishy2
adding on

how did you get the orbit to look like that? awesome!

it's a random thing that happens when you sort of push the game to its limits. solar escape, in this case :)

but it was the first time I saw such a shape.

how did you get the orbit to look like that? awesome!

That's caused by the game's Patched Conics System. The way it draws the orbital path, in this case, the ellipse to draw would extend past visible sight, so the game counteracts by giving it the jagged turns. It's always caused by being just under escape velocity.

Nice! How did you build the orbital, and how big is it?

-snip-

For some reason one of my Mun rovers went into bizarro micro-gravity mode last night and was almost floating away.

If this is what I think it is, try setting your spacecraft mode to docking. The rotational force provided by the pod's SAS can sometimes tip it over if the craft is light enough.

No, I think it was some sort of glitch. It began when I docked it with my Mun base (in docking mode I might add) and the whole base started floating away, so I undocked the rover and it continued to just drift about in slow motion. A quickload fixed it.