Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

I hate to burst your bubble but sense you added a tail it declassifies it as a flying wing. If you took the tail off, your good. Still nice space plane though

Even that small winglet?? ... it doesn't even have any control surfaces. pfft, fine, challenge accepted! :D

I hate to burst your bubble but sense you added a tail it declassifies it as a flying wing. If you took the tail off, your good. Still nice space plane though

The YB-49 had vertical stabilizers, but is still a flying wing. The difference is mainly the size of the vertical stabilizer and fuselage (if present). It is all semantics, but I would edge towards calling the B 13-A above a tailless spaceplane. All this doesn't change the fact that it looks cool.

...after some iterations...

Well, it is actually fiendishly difficult to pilot this thing without ANY verticals at all, but it is possible.

screenshot110_zps68dbb835.jpg~original

screenshot109_zps621db132.jpg~original

But, all it needs is just a couple of tiny stabilizers and its all fine, like you can see here below. It would probably be much easier with the new ASAS when then 0.21 comes out...

screenshot112_zpsd3a3f8a6.jpg~original

My first attempt at a mothership.

63u.png

It had 6 probes, a Tylo landing, Bop/Vall/Pol lander, also the kethane miner, a Laythe lander, A central drive stage, a lower drive stage, and the cockpit, its held 10 Kerbals and fully assembled weighed 225 tons along with having 6680 delta-V.

I was going to land on every single moon, and get home.

Every lander was tested and should of landed on everything easily.

The reason I keep saying past tense words is because the save exploded on its way to Jool and I lost the ship and the save.

I still have the ship saves for it though.

Liftoff of an Atlas V 561 carrying the Münar Orbiter+ Lander to orbit and from there to the Mün.( not yet though I still need to preform 4 burns with the upper stage to get it in a roughly circular non inclined orbit before i maneuver node it to a Münar intercept.

lS0A4jY.png

Got ideas for a rover mission to the Mun thanks to someone in this thread so copied the module design. You'll also notice a very similar design to one of Scott Manley's lifters from the reusable series. Just thought it was a really cool looking shot.

screenshot4_zps4c1b1d08.png

I was running a refuelling mission to tug the rover to Mun.

Took this from one of my Geo-sync satellites while an eclipse was taking place. I know it occurs more often than a real life eclipse but still looks cool.

screenshot1_zps0bbc6269.png

On what will probably be a one way trip anyways, our Heroic Kerbals look back, at Mun Eclipsing their homeworld, while off to the Left in Deep space, little more than a Ball of light, Minmus shines away...

i26r.png

My first attempt at a mothership.

-snip-

It had 6 probes, a Tylo landing, Bop/Vall/Pol lander, also the kethane miner, a Laythe lander, A central drive stage, a lower drive stage, and the cockpit, its held 10 Kerbals and fully assembled weighed 225 tons along with having 6680 delta-V.

I was going to land on every single moon, and get home.

Every lander was tested and should of landed on everything easily.

The reason I keep saying past tense words is because the save exploded on its way to Jool and I lost the ship and the save.

I still have the ship saves for it though.

Does the two landers attached at the side bend backwards (check this out for a demonstration) when you accelerate it? I am working on a similar "lander-attached-on-the-side" design, but I fear the back-bending of the lander in flight. Also I see no quantum struts. :confused:

Edited by Flixxbeatz

The crew of IPEV Excursion spent some time getting familiar with specific portions of the upcoming mission profile, focusing heavily on docking procedures in Excursion's Mosquito bay, shown here vacant while Jenlas familiarizes himself with the Mosquito's sensitive controls a short distance away

WXZXHG0.png

After two days of practice maneuvers, Excursion was cleared to depart for the Mün at the next window of opportunity. The final orbital injection ran a bit too long, however, and Bill and Jebediah were treated to a hair-raising low altitude pass of the Mün along the way. Jeb took pictures. Bill excused himself momentarily to look for a spare (clean) suit. Jenlas and Hanry observed eagerly from their duty quarters in the flank pods. An observation satellite, sent previously, captured this image of Excursion's fly-by of the mission's intended landing zone.

HtfoQIO.png

Settled into a stable orbit, Jeb and Bill began preparations for the deployment phase of the mission. Excursion was oriented north, vehicle bays opened to relieve heat accumulation, and the flank pod solar panels retracted to aid the deployment crew's egress from the ship.

qdAdXdo.jpg

Jenlas transferred to the Mosquito's cockpit, signaled ready, and was released from the Mosquito bay to stand off and await release of the rover. Even after the exhaustive checklist for the event had been completed, Jeb wondered aloud if they had somehow missed something, when the rover was released from the bay and shot upward and out like a greased pig.

"At least it didn't hit us in the process," Bill murmured in relief.

"Yeah, shame," Jeb replied, reaching for the rover's remote console, "might've been exciting."

With the rover stabilized, Jenlas maneuvered the Mosquito in to latch onto it with practiced skill, returned to Excursion's vicinity, and signaled the all-clear for Hanry to transfer over.

"I still think I should've gotten on before you launched," he griped, "I hate this part!"

yKjhTOC.png

"What genius dreamed this screwy design up anyway?" he continued as he drew near.

Jeb cleared his throat self-consciously, letting that transfer on the comms. Hanry fell silent, possibly in abject terror.

6NmpJbN.png

"Trade me now!" Hanry demanded after he'd buckled in, "This doesn't feel right at all!"

"Well it looks hilarious as hell from here!" Jenlas laughed.

yOkKRq8.png

Deployment crew finally settled in and prepped, Jenlas began the tricky task of de-orbiting and stabilizing their descent to the surface of the Mün. As the landing lights picked out the terrain, Jenlas called up:

"Glad you scarfed on the snacks on the way out here, your fat butt is the perfect counter-balance for the rover!"

"I swear, I will hook this suit up to the air supply and fart in it if you don't shut up," came Hanry's venomous retort.

vWNvaxf.jpg

The landing was picture-perfect and gentle as a feather.

"Was that so bad?" Jenlas asked.

"Yeah, that was actually pretty good!" Hanry grinned.

zfUVDFx.png

Jenlas fired the engines one more time, cutting the rover loose just as the ship began to rise and drifting a short distance away to finally park the Mosquito on its own landing gear. A short time later, the pair were aboard their Mün-dusted hotrod, making tracks for the nearby anomaly.

oRcqL2K.png

kBYsaMN.png

Few words were exchanged upon their arrival, such was the depth of awe that gripped the two

jqgsUpa.png

fjD6szL.jpg

7JnMwOH.png

Survey completed, the next stage of the mission called for the rover to be left at the site as a landing beacon for future missions. Jenlas began the long, careful flight back.

kE6q26r.png

As he crested the last ridge before arriving at the landing site, Jenlas was startled as something flew by within inches of his helmet. His suit tracking system highlighted the object as a component from the Mosquito, their only means of return to Excursion.

"Oh, kresnat!" Jenlas swore as the landing site came into view, revealing a terrifying sight.

"What," Hanry keyed-up, "what is it?"

"The dropship. It's- Well, it's broke."

lDmyajT.png

"WHAT?!"

"I can't come get you. The Mosquito's apparently blown apart. Don't ask me how, just set the beacon and start flying back."

"What're we going to do?"

"The cockpit and air supply are still intact; we'll just have to take turns recharging our suits until Excursion can send back word and rescue comes."

"Ummm... About that. You remember what I said I'd do before on our way in?"

"...you didn't..."

"I may or may not have accidentally sort of contaminated the air supply..."

"You're gonna be the first to find out, if you survive long enough, that is!"

I have no idea why it blew up, either. No matter how I focus on it after re-loading, it just blows apart like it was hit by something. I can switch vessels in either order (forward or backward), or fly to it manually and it just detonates when I get within 200m of it. Looks like I've got a stranded crew. :'(

Edited by Deadweasel