Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

KSP_KSSArgo_OnPad_zps8b9f3655.jpg

The KSS Argo on the pad, awaiting launch for my first asteroid redirect mission. The redirector is, alas, only 20% fuelled and will need two (or three?) other launches of supply ferries before it goes out to snag a rock. (I rather like the SLS parts; hefty, but not magic.)

-- Steve

PS:

KSP_KSSArgo_Orbit_zpsd6bd81f9.jpg

Here's Argo in orbit and fuelled, preparing to enter a 3000x300km parking orbit. It took 3 refuelling missions to top off, with the 3rd tanker standing by to top up after this burn. I found I actually had a lot of fuel left over in the first stage and have re-jigged the craft to launch with about 40% fuel instead of the 20% load I used for Argo.

Edited by Anton P. Nym
adding orbital shot

My first successful asteroid capture

Sent a robotic grappler to rendezvous and capture the asteroid, then place in a circular orbit around Kerbin. 'Grabber 02' has four beams with attachment points to provide a contained area for working within, and a rear docking ring for Kerbal visits and resupply.

Ghsdt1D.png

Grabbed!

E0axQhD.png

Jeb, Bob and Bill heading out to do Kerbonaut stuff at the new tame asteroid

66IEnrK.png

fEP72nE.png

Let's check this out

9z2jMOM.png

Time to head home for beer and medals!

nabbed my first asteroid, a Class E behemoth! Even the combined thrust of 720kn was scarcely effective. I managed to grab it about a week before it would have crashed into Kerbin (lucky me :D)

13637348485_f67632a3e6_z.jpg

Now dubbed "Kaio", it's going to serve as a testbed for asteroid activities, and later as a base.

here's an ion-tug designed to steer such objects out of harms way.

13637360033_b867fa8b1a_b.jpg

I have returned from a year's hiatus living amongst and studying the rare flora and fauna of Kerbin. To commemorate my return to office, I have created a monument to the one thing I missed most on my journey of exploration and contemplation.

The humble bagel.

MWlHQve.png

hScRVzR.png

Kc0puVO.png