Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Conducting a deep space training mission to increase the experience of a bunch of Kerbals.

3G8rqRn.png

They went out beyond Kerbin's SOI for around 4 months, always within earshot of the planet.

LDkjzG5.png

It was successful; everyone on board gained a level, as intended.

Meanwhile, construction has been taking place on a new Minmus base, Trident Point Research.

nFqc4zy.png

It's currently empty, but a crew will be sent over soon, along with some other modules.

To cap things off, Eve received a maelstrom of infrastructure, including a currently unmanned space station that will gain some occupants on the next transfer window.

MZZMz5p.png

The ever-useful Inquisitor probe.

bVj38yL.png

The Frontier station is simple in design, but its single launch capability is invaluable for setting up basic centres of operations around new worlds, plus it can be expanded upon if necessary.

i3rsc3b.png

Finally, an Atlas probe touched down in some lowlands region, completing the exploration contract.

IkQw30Y.jpg

yClIZUJ.jpg

Unsuccessful ScanSat launch to polar orbit (mostly salvageable since the booster is re-useable anyway) and first Mun landing this career. It actually landed upright in spite of the slope, but Ening Kerman knocked it over climbing down the ladder. At least it was carrying plenty of life support.

My Suborbital Spaceplane shortly after (barely) clearing the runway of the KSC:

pBWFZZm.png

This is in Real Solar System 6.4x, so a true spaceplane is EXTREMELY difficult to build- in fact, I think this might be the closest anyone's ever come with realistic mods (not counting the fusion or antimatter reactors in KSP-Interstellar as realistic, though I would be impressed if anyone managed it with current-generation fission reactors and Microwave Beamed Power- as this would essentially be current-day cutting-edge technology...) I also am running RealFuels (hence the Kerosene and LOX instead of LFO), FAR (the flight data screen on left betrays this), MechJeb2 (mainly for the radially-attachable command unit, Advanced SAS, and informational displays), and Procedural Parts/Dynamics (where the wings and outboard fuel tanks come from)...

And here the spaceplane is touched down on the penninsula due east of the KSC after clearing (most) of the atmosphere and deploying its cargo at approx. 90 km (in RSS 6.4x the atmosphere ends at 91 km)- a tiny 1.25 meter Munar lander which then circularized to around 95 km using its own engines/fuel...

QA09n2j.png

The spaceplane didn't have *quite* enough Kerosene left to make it back to the KSC without refueling. I'll have to either fly out a cargo plane with some surplus Kerosene to refuel it (not that hard with a low-altitude cargo plane powered by Firespitter electric propellers and static solar panels on really large wings, but extremely slow...), send a boat or rover with fuel (even slower still), or just install the experimental 0.90 build of TAC Fuel Balancer and edit in some Kerosene to save myself some time (not that cheaty in RealFuels- Kerosene is *extremely* cheap, to reflect the fact that it real life fuel is less than 0.1% of rocket/spaceplane launch costs... I could make more money that the cost of the fuel to completely refuel the spaceplane in a single "landed on Kerbin" parts test...)

Regards,

Northstar

So I landed on the night side of a planet, I'm sure you all know what that means... a dark, almost impossible to see screenshot...

f4xPjWr.png

Oh dear, whatever will I do? Well, the game's camera doesn't have a flash, but I think I know a way to simulate one!

hnYZgcg.png

Pretty basic, but Photoshop has a spotlight that can achieve the desired effect... however, it's very lacking in detail that a real flash would create... so let's add some lens flare...

aGhbOV3.png

... and fix the flat shading...

84Imape.png

Huzzah!

8U127sC.png

Much better than this. :P

IizGrCg.png

EDIT: ...and done the rest.

Javascript is disabled. View full album
Edited by Nitrous Oxide

15B357CCFCA8E52F31CDF837F2CF4FBCC6B2BB14

the Neutron Mun Landing II mission, launched on the Neutron IV, the newest LV in the Neutron family with a Neutron CSM MkIV and Neutron Lander MkII in the fairings.

965A7D95AE8DAD8C5E36FBB2EE3A91CE158AD4A7

Neutron III, With a Neutron CSM MkIII and Neutron Lander MkI.

5B126A156717E5E36259738E6430408C8D032302

Neutron II, with a Neutron CSM MkII

9305A7C7B7690FF5B0A6381FCF6CF82BD7D6029C

Neutron I, with a sat payload. It could carry a Neutron CSM MkI, which was basically a Neutron CSM MkII without the orbital module.

8A4CE1025E54FE067CFDCBD69A3714AC81678F1F

Three vessels got send to the Duna system to begin exploration of the planetary system:

Nivata: contained a small base and rover and was meant to land in the arctic region of Duna.

Dinaridar: contained a somewhat larger base and rover and was targeted at the equatorial region of Duna.

Dauerfrost: vessel with chemical and Ion propulsion. Was meant to complete a contract on Ike (explore) and finally 'retire' on Dres.

The Nivata combination 'landed' with 300 m/s on the northern ice-cap, destroying the vessel and killing the two Kerbonauts onboard.

fdvrbt.png

The Dinaridar vessel became aerodynamically unstable during descent in the atmosphere, but parachutes opened just in time for a succesfull landing on the surface. The rover touched down pretty hard (seen in background) and was inoperable.

2dgs6th.png

It turned out the Dauerfrost vessel had way too little Delta-V to even consider Dres as a destination, and had to 'retire' early on Ike.

11m442b.png