Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Lol. I'm starting my first non-whimsical career. I've still got a 30-part limit. Here's the best I can build so far (yep: thumpers)5A16492D373466E9B9FD718CE0413D466DE9566C

I haven't yet done a Mun flyby (Jebediah's almost there, this flight's Valentina's). I've just started the tour-guide business, I'm close to buying the next VAB upgrade so I can start ferrying passengers for real. This is my first passenger-capable craft, its first launch with a passenger, I'm after a Kerbin orbit and some cash. Off we go, I don't even pay attention to launch heading.

Looking at my first Kerbin periapsis after insertion I get ... this:

55EB6F91E47BA61A34421322872EA77DAB7ED4AE

That purple orbit is the free-return Minmus encounter I got for just dragging out the prograde to see what was possible. The yellow one is 26m/s and I was after aerocapture but that Mun encounter happened along first.

I'm gonna go buy a lottery ticket.

I MUST KNOW! HOW DID YOU GET ORANGE ON THAT MTV?!?!?!?! Not caps.[/quote
I'm thinking they're the ore drills. The grey parts are probably fuel cell arrays.

Giggle is spot on. They are Jumbo-64s covered in 12 x symmetry backwards-facing mining drills, with fuel cells to cover the top and bottom portions. Not as big of a dv penalty from them as I was expecting, just a part count increase. Y'know, you all could have figured it out just by downloading the craft :)

I MUST KNOW! HOW DID YOU GET ORANGE ON THAT MTV?!?!?!?! Not caps.[/quote

Giggle is spot on. They are Jumbo-64s covered in 12 x symmetry backwards-facing mining drills, with fuel cells to cover the top and bottom portions. Not as big of a dv penalty from them as I was expecting, just a part count increase. Y'know, you all could have figured it out just by downloading the craft :)

Nice! Very clever!

From the Let's Build A Wacky Soviet-esque Lander Department...

9Y1wawX.png

(It's a mash-up from nearly a dozen understandably abandoned designs.)

I'm almost out of testing now and I'm starting to actually play the game. Still got a few tweaks to make, but hey :P

Launched a torus into orbit today.

FA5q2j1.png

This is in 1.0.2, just to clarify for those of you who recognise how utterly absurd launching such a thing is with the new aero model. There were, um... a few launch failures before I managed to get it into space.

A few more sane launches later and Skywatch Orbital is mostly complete:

sMVZOXQ.png

Crew delivery on an Exo Clipper shuttle, the successor to my Polaris from 0.90. It's basically just the same ship, really, I don't know why I renamed it :P

bjgmiri.png

XzIhu7L.png

s4ugwYw.png

dnn2to7.png

I have also managed to put together an SSTO, though admittedly this is with slightly dialled-down drag values which I will be bumping back up again. Instead, I'll buff the vacuum ISP of the RAPIER, which is in dire need of assistance, IMO.

ZZEb9Te.png

OZcfVOY.png

NngMbPp.png