Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

This is the B version of my Jumbo aka "Falcon XB Jumbo Transport". Got a bit more rocket fuel, some tweaks but most of all a longer cargo hold. Original one was never intended for such big cargo but sens the craft exceeded my expectations I soon realized I could not get the full potential out of with with out moving the forward cargo bulkhead forward. So now I dont have to lift over sized loads hanging out the rear with CG off balance. Payload capacity is not higher, maybe a few tons less sens it has more fuel but taking bigger payloads is more important then tonnage 9 out of 10 times.

It gets back to Kerbin with out refueling and still has fuel to spare. Starting to get good at the ascent profile.

Delivered a jumbo tank full of fuel for my Duna base. Need to deliver a new Utility truck sens the old wheels realy sucks compared to the new once.

screenshot155q.png

screenshot210r.png

screenshot286l.png

screenshot296e.png

Mach 3 at 22Km altitude after reentry.

screenshot246.png

Edited by pa1983

That's a freaky lander. I'm confused on how it works. Do you mind giving a short explanation?; I'm intrigued.

The twin LV-909 and fuel tank is not part of the lander. It's just the orbital boost stage. In order to have enough delta-v to land, I used Kerbal seats instead of a capsule (you can kinda see them on top of the 1m fuel tanks). The big docking port is jettisoned and there's a mini docking port behind it to dork the the ship again.

This is the B version of my Jumbo aka "Falcon XB Jumbo Transport". Got a bit more rocket fuel, some tweaks but most of all a longer cargo hold. Original one was never intended for such big cargo but sens the craft exceeded my expectations I soon realized I could not get the full potential out of with with out moving the forward cargo bulkhead forward. So now I dont have to lift over sized loads hanging out the rear with CG off balance. Payload capacity is not higher, maybe a few tons less sens it has more fuel but taking bigger payloads is more important then tonnage 9 out of 10 times.

It gets back to Kerbin with out refueling and still has fuel to spare. Starting to get good at the ascent profile.

Delivered a jumbo tank full of fuel for my Duna base. Need to deliver a new Utility truck sens the old wheels realy sucks compared to the new once.

screenshot155q.png

screenshot210r.png

screenshot286l.png

screenshot296e.png

Mach 3 at 22Km altitude after reentry.

screenshot246.png

xqef_EH.jpg

My own rendition of the Arkbird from Ace Combat 5 if anyone has ever played it. Comes fully loaded with the following:

• Six-Kerb passenger capability (quite comfortable)
  • Communications Arrays (Local & Long distance)
  • Docking Ports for medium-sized Vessels and Probes
  • Power window covers (for those that do want to doze off)

KSP2013-05-2802-39-24-60_zps14fda25f.png

KSP2013-05-2802-39-39-19_zps7b73968a.png

This beauty can withstand brief upper atmospheric flights on multiple planets to drop off a variety of payloads including makeshift unguided bombs. Though I've added a traditional tail, attempting re-entry may still cause violent spinning and/or structural failure at one or more points.

Anybody notice how the Kerbals (at least Bill in this case) instantly freak out if you time warp?

Vaarqbg.png

ETbUoBf.png

"WUT IS THIS VOODOO? IT MUST STOP NAO!!!" :D

I've noticed bill is afraid of thrust, when returning from the mun and reentering, when I fire the engines to slow down, he starts screaming, when I turn them off, he smiles. On, scream. Off, smile. Etc.

Well, all that stuff in orbit paid off with some beautiful shots from the site of my Minmus Base.

1) When the first part of the base was set-up I got this shot of the Mun and Kerbin:

screenshot61h.png

2) When the 3rd section landed Kerbin was just setting:

screenshot63n.png

3) And Kerbol was rising:

screenshot64y.png

4) Long shadows:

screenshot65r.png

My new orbital assembly dock needs a name.

2013_05_28_00012.jpg

2013_05_28_00011.jpg

2013_05_28_00013.jpg

2013_05_28_00006.jpg

2013_05_28_00024.jpg

2013_05_28_00004.jpg

Also needs %7Boption%7D tags because all I can see (without copying the URLs to a new tab) are broken images. :(

/Still looks absolutely badass, wish I had the patience and CPU power to build something like that!

I'm all for Utopia Planitia

Also needs :(

/Still looks absolutely badass, wish I had the patience and CPU power to build something like that!

I'm all for Utopia Planitia

Odd, it worked for me, but I just cleared my cache and now it doesn't.

To be quite honest my computer can't handle it in orbit either. I get a whopping 3 FPS with the complete station, hence I'm going to do a version with just one dock and maybe just one crew core and power mast too.

here, have the full original linked photoset:

%7Boption%7Dhttp://s11.postimg.org/ut95zg9sj/2013_05_28_00004.jpg' alt='2013_05_28_00004.jpg'>

2013_05_28_00005.jpg

2013_05_28_00006.jpg

2013_05_28_00007.jpg

2013_05_28_00008.jpg

2013_05_28_00010.jpg

2013_05_28_00011.jpg

2013_05_28_00012.jpg

2013_05_28_00013.jpg

2013_05_28_00014.jpg

2013_05_28_00015.jpg

2013_05_28_00016.jpg

2013_05_28_00018.jpg

2013_05_28_00023.jpg

2013_05_28_00024.jpg

2013_05_28_00027.jpg

Odd, it worked for me, but I just cleared my cache and now it doesn't.

To be quite honest my computer can't handle it in orbit either. I get a whopping 3 FPS with the complete station, hence I'm going to do a version with just one dock and maybe just one crew core and power mast too.

here, have the full original linked photoset:

THAT did the trick. It worked for you because the images were uploaded by your browser in the first place, which causes weirdness sometimes. Just remember that sites like this that use BBCode will more often than not refuse to offer WYSIWYG posting without the tags, once in a while because of shoddy coding, but most often for security and safety. Speaking of which, you might have noticed that the

tag isn't working anymore either. Apparently there was an exploit in its code that triggered its removal.

:(

Anyway, back on-topic:

Man I really wish I could run that dock in orbit. It would make building ships feel so much more... I don't know... grandiose? Especially when it came time to launch. I can just imagine a cupola or two within the construction area, and watching a launch from inside, almost like one of the Spacedock scenes from the Star Trek movies.