Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

I get it! But they're not that effective. We left Bill behind because the S2 cockpit only carries two. ;.; And as you can already guess, NTGOne, you're correct. Now I want to make the Tet... I bet those giant B9 panels would help.

How big would the Tet have to be, to be visible like that (I'm ASSUMING it was in LEO, otherwise, the requirements would be ludicrous, though it seemed like it was on-angle for most of the groundside daytime, which suggests a MUCH higher orbit).

How big would the Tet have to be, to be visible like that (I'm ASSUMING it was in LEO, otherwise, the requirements would be ludicrous, though it seemed like it was on-angle for most of the groundside daytime, which suggests a MUCH higher orbit).

I definitely couldn't build the full-size thing. Even the core chamber fades off into the distance. I'd probably just end up making a mini one.

I definitely couldn't build the full-size thing. Even the core chamber fades off into the distance. I'd probably just end up making a mini one.

I mean, it's hypothetically possible to build an object up to about 5km across in KSP (2.5km in every direction from the very center). I'm personally working on a full-scale Stanford torus (about 1.6 km across), which is (as far as I can tell) unprecedented in KSP in terms of final size.

I don't see why you couldn't apply similar methods to build a similarly-sized Tet (though it would likely murder your framerate to do it - I've actually had to develop new techniques in assembling the torus to keep the problem at a minimum).

I think maybe about the size of a Borg Cube...

You do realize that the canonical Borg cube is about 3 kilometers (TNG: "Q Who", "Best of Both Worlds") on a side, right?

Edited by NGTOne

A small probe orbiting Minmus with the Mun and Kerbin in the background.

screenshot20_zpsc5cbbe8a.png

My own version of the Delta IV Heavy using stock parts (carrying a multi-purpose CSM). Since you can't throttle down the middle engine independently in KSP like the real one does I used fuel lines from the outer boosters instead.

screenshot0_zpsfb7b527e.png

screenshot3_zpsb116c786.png

Album: http://s634.photobucket.com/user/MistaX8/library/Kerbal%20Space%20Program/Delta%20IV%20Heavy

Javascript is disabled. View full album

The plaque on the flag reads: "Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the starship Enterprise. Its mission: to explore strange new worlds, to seek out new life and new civilizations, to boldly go where no man has gone before."

Edited by Astronomer

I have been having a lot of fun with this craft lately. In case it isnt obvious it is supposed to be Discovery One from 2001. Wasnt there an orbiting monolith somewhere ? Can anyone remind me where??

-picsnips-

The only non-ground monolith is floating stationary ~5km above Minmus

Hello, ladies and gents! I had to de-orbit the Icarus to get another version into a lower Kerbin orbit. However, Jebediah was still inside the command module. I had to build a single-person rescue pod, nicknamed the Pegasus. Here is an album of the event.

<iframe class="imgur-album" width="100%" height="550" frameborder="0" src="http://imgur.com/a/VPK43/embed"></iframe>

Hello, ladies and gents! I had to de-orbit the Icarus to get another version into a lower Kerbin orbit. However, Jebediah was still inside the command module. I had to build a single-person rescue pod, nicknamed the Pegasus. Here is an album of the event.
Javascript is disabled. View full album

Fixed it for you. :)

I'll just post images since it didn't work. Here is the Pegasus going into orbit.

6HjzykD.png

The Pegasus is controlled by a probe core with no need for pilots, but it needs to be powered by four 2-by-3 solar panels located around the craft.

U3ldsPe.png

Here is Jeb using a jetpack to maneuver towards the command pod.

jd6USIv.png

Success! Jeb is safely inside the ship!

YY88QAr.png

The Pegasus preparing for a de-orbiting maneuver.

WxNhNoK.png

The pod, now without it's fuel stage, parachutes down to the surface.

LE7RpHg.png

And she lands just in time with the Kerbol sunrise. Jebediah was not injured, and the craft is being refitted to hold 3 Kerbals. The Icarus was scuttled, and a new copy is being placed into orbit (will be seen in a different post.)

pjs6OS8.png