Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

So I recently began putting custom fairings on a lot of my spacecraft and I think I went a little overboard with this last one...

dMvMDgp.jpg?1

It adds a whoping 34 tons to my vehicle weight and 203 parts...

sgq6Qcu.jpg?1

Th6tdAU.jpg?1

Edited by Cipher29

Pardon my asking, but why did you take a photo of the screen when the game can take screenshots?

I am playing together with my brother in law who lives in Holland (I live in Uganda) so we send each other live updates of our endeavors over whatsap :-) so there you go.. that's why :-)

Here's a new attempt at a composite ship for interplanetary travel.

Ship is designed around a medium-sized Kethane lander as principal drive. So it refuels along the way.

ottawa_zps4b30edcb.jpg

KSS Ottawa

From back to front:

- Classic Orange Tank

- Kethane Lander with 4 small satellites with Kethane scanners that can be individually launched

- Rover section

- Crew and command module

I hate built a much larger ship called the Winsor (my Kerbals are Kanadians) ;-)

kss-winsor_zps755d34be.jpg

But it lagged pretty bad with 400+ parts. The smaller version only has about 250 parts and will lose some as probes & rovers are dropped.

-- Dingbat.

Hello all! This is my first post on the KSP forums! I started playing KSP about a month ago, not really doing much as far as landing goes. I play totally stock and legit, I'm just not that into mods or cheating. I've only ever landed on Minmus, the Mun, and Duna before. I decided to go for some harder things. The first thing I decided on was Gilly, thinking it wouldn't be too hard.

So I strapped my favorite probe(the pancake looking pod, a red and white radio antenna, 8 1x6 solar panels, a xenon tank, 8 tiny lander legs, and an ion engine) onto a modified Duna rocket and launched. Escaping Kerbin was easy, getting to Eve wasn't too hard. When I entered Eve's SoI, I took one look at my orbit and almost gave up. I was coming in from right beneath the planet, giving me a crazy polar orbit when finished burning. I spent the next hour(not even joking) fixing my orbit and getting a Gilly encounter. First encounter was only 2 minutes inside Gilly's SoI, not nearly enough to get an orbit. I corrected my orbit one last time and got a 300km separation at the next approach. A few more fine tweaks later, I had achieved a 14 km perapsis. It was pretty straightforward from there. I still got a crazy polar orbit, but it can be fixed. After that, I'll try to land. To get a feel on how insanely difficult this was, look at how little xenon I have left.

screenshot35_zps7bb9accb.png

Hello all! Here's my first post on the KSP forums! I'm a bit of a noob at the game, I've only been playing for about a month. I use absolutely no mods or cheats. I have rovers and flags on Minmus, the Mun, and Duna, and about 18 crafts stuck in orbit around Kerbin. As far as spaceplanes go, I've made one that managed to circumnavigate Kerbin successfully and that's about it. But that's not what this is about, this is about the story of the Gilly Probe.

One fine day, I had an idea. A totally insane idea. To land on the most difficult object in the Kerbal Solar System. A comrade suggested Gilly, due to it's small size(harder to get an encounter), weird orbit, and relative distance from Kerbin. So I started work. Fifteen minutes later, I'd created a probe that would land on it, and a rocket to fly it there. The rocket was simple enough, 5 Mainsails, 3 medium length fat tanks on top of each, limited asparagus staging(4 fuel lines going inward), next is the escape stage, a Skipper and 2 medium length fat tanks. Capping it off is a large SAS module, a Rockomax adapter, 8 cylindrified RCS tanks, 4 RTG's, 24 RCS ports and a circular to girder adapter. And for the probe, I have 1 radio antenna(the skinny one), the small pancake shaped probe core(smallest one available), 8 1x6 solar panels, a xenon tank, 8 tiny landing legs, and an ion engine. In my one and only action group, I deploy the antenna, solar panels, and start up the ion engine.

Getting out of Kerbin's SoI was easy. Getting to Eve was tricky(about 1/8 of the way through my burn, all I had left was the probe itself) and time consuming(took me about 12 or so complete orbits around Kerbol to get a perapsis), but that was nothing compared to what I had to do next. When I finally got a look at where I was coming in, I nearly gave up. I was coming in directly under Eve, which would have been fine if it was Eve that I wanted to land on. So after a(very long) retrograde burn, I had a 750km orbit around eve. POLAR orbit. I spent the next hour trying to fix the orbit(not exaggerating here) and get a Gilly encounter. I got my first one, it was only 2 minutes between the encounter and escape. I tried again, and got a nice 15km perapsis and 30 minutes between the encounter and escape. I now have a nice(yet polar) orbit around the little thing. If you think I was exaggerating about how hard getting to Gilly was, look at how little Xenon I have left.

screenshot35_zps7bb9accb.png

I'll land it eventually, but now I'm basking in the glorious light of accomplishment.

WqAQvtj.png

Today the Orion Shuttle Program has been put on hold after the top of the external fuel tank collided with at Orbiter at swift 0.3 m/s. The shuttle immediately spontaneously disassembled within half a second. We currently have scientists investigating how an RSC tank did SO MUCH DAMAGE. There is no word on the status of the crew...

[Today the Orion Shuttle Program has been put on hold after the top of the external fuel tank collided with at Orbiter at swift 0.3 m/s. The shuttle immediately spontaneously disassembled within half a second. We currently have scientists investigating how an RSC tank did SO MUCH DAMAGE.

Obviously a major malfunction!