Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

I think this SSTO is almost ready for release...

4mgX4Pz.jpg

gUTyLTE.jpg

vvYes, the base was delivered by the SSTO...vv

V2MkXWX.jpg

VI0jsmp.png

Here are some specs:

Payload- 20 Tons to Minmus and back

Cargobay size- 1.5 orange tanks long

Jet service ceiling- 28 Km with all jets

Engine- 4x RAPIER, 4x Turbo Jet, 4x Atomic Rocket Motor, 2x Basic Jet

Military paradrop is possible

Edited by RocketPilot573

From left to right, an H37D Hawk and an A87 Arrow, flying in formation in LKO.

k4r0vz0.png

Recent hostile activity has called for measures we wouldn't normally take. These fighters will remain stationed at a small fuel depot capable of sustaining them for a few missions.

cotZAVh.png

VcxZcYK.png

It's likely that they'll be joined by others at some point...

So, I have this minor problem... I send over a 10 Ton Christmas Tree to my Laythe Base, but it landed like 50 meters away from the base...

4egWDb8.png

So what do those crazy Kerbals decide to do? Well, they climbed aboard the speed boat, drove over, fired up the engine, and PUSHED!:sealed:

mObskic.png

Believe it or not, this actually worked...:D

RMRbs0h.png

Merry Christmas! From Laythe!

rWQCVHd.png

Ad9NTfg.png

Edited by RocketPilot573

SmM1UY4.jpg

This was the result of an unexpected encounter with Vall while waiting for a clockwise flyby with Laythe. My first probe mission to Jool didn't go as planned: I arrived from the wrong direction and started orbiting clockwise. I exhausted my science in Jool and started expanding my orbit to the moons. I had no chance of slowing below escape velocity, so I decided to do flybys. I was just past the fourth encounter with Laythe when Vall suddenly stood in the way! The SoI change wasn't even shown on the map. I was thrown out of Jool's SoI with such a planetary retrograde velocity, I was nearly falling towards the sun.

I got a nice amount of science from Jool and Laythe, and also maxed out my transmittable limit in low solar orbit before my heat radiators (Interstellar) gave in.

I nearly perfected my Munar lander. Below you'll find a mission report of first version of my Peregrin V.

screenshot5.png

T- 5, 4, 3, 2, 1 ...

screenshot6.png

Lift-off!

screenshot7.png

screenshot8.png

First booster separation. Ignition of Mainsail engine.

screenshot9.png

Second booster separation.

screenshot10.png

screenshot11.png

De-orbiting the engine fairing and rescue tower.

screenshot12.png

Re-connecting to the lander.

screenshot13.png

De-orbiting the final lifting stage.

screenshot14.png

Trans Munar Injection.

screenshot16.png

screenshot18.png

Final descent.

screenshot19.png

Time for science and snap-shots.

screenshot20.png

Munar Lift-off. (All science stored in lander can and radial container.)

screenshot23.png

Munar rendezvous.

screenshot24.png

screenshot25.png

Re-entry and splashdown.

Mods: KW Rocketry, B9 Aerospace ,Radial Experiment Storage Container, SCANSat, MechJeb. (Yes MechJeb, so SUE ME!)

Peregrin V.craft (SCANSat and MechJeb removed)

(User manual and action groups included in vehicle description.)

Edited by Tex_NL

The MSV Libra LBR-030-B took her first trip out of the Kerbin system today, heading for the hell-world of the system...

aKbhFA1.png

A couple of months later, and the crew are having a pretty good time on the first manned expedition to Eve since 0.20.2 (!!).

QmdjXlz.png

Going in for aerobraking. Never a nice thing with Eve, but it makes up for it with some pretty pictures :P

4cIQVed.png

CgDlAjM.png

For the record, no-one was going to land on Eve. That's a task I'm saving until I can devise a vehicle to get off that planet again. No, the mission was to land on that puny little rock that orbits the hell-world.

XYTKlYF.png

We meet again, Gilly... not for the last time!

Rather foolishly, I actually took just the lander from Eve orbit to fly out to Gilly, and ran out of rocket fuel just shy of making Gilly orbit (and at about 4km above the surface, it was a bit hairy). Fortunately, Gilly being Gilly, RCS is more than adequate to cope. The Libra had to fly out to retrieve Halemone Kerman from this odd moon. Halemone, might I add, is the captain of the Libra; totally didn't expect this sort of foolish move from him.

27nnIw5.png

kLaDPBX.png

The MSV Libra LBR-030-B took her first trip out of the Kerbin system today, heading for the hell-world of the system...

Very nice! The first and last pictures in particular are great :) Your ship must have been a nightmare to balance out, though. What's its TWR?

Very nice! The first and last pictures in particular are great :) Your ship must have been a nightmare to balance out, though. What's its TWR?

Thanks! It's actually balanced right from the get-go, even with the unusual engine positions (totally inspired by Prometheus, and dating back to 0.17); the centre of thrust is right in line with the centre of mass (the Libra class has always been built in the SPH and then transferred over to the VAB, for the record). As for the TWR, I have no idea, but it must be fairly decent because it can complete a Duna or an Eve transfer burn in about 5 minutes.

Some more pictures from the mission:

pZBXug9.png

At this point, fuel was pretty low, but based on past experience, I knew we'd make it home.

uLCgu09.png

Low Gilly Orbit. This is about 10km above the surface (yes, Gilly really is that small). I actually bumped the orbit up to 40km so I could use 1000x timewarp, otherwise it was just agonisingly slow.

I actually bumped the orbit up to 40km so I could use 1000x timewarp, otherwise it was just agonisingly slow.

Thanks, I'll remember that when I go to Gilly (and also snag your winglet-for-girder-fairing idea) :)

But for now, Duna is the name of the game! On the first day of Yule, this program gave to meeee...

zP9ie0Y.png

Mwahahaha-

NRbdeTd.png

-MWAHAHAHA-

uVe16lm.png

I still don't know how I managed to get it to orbit. Tomorrow (or when there's time) it'll be fuelled up, two landers and a capsule docked to it and off it goes!