Show off your awesome KSP pictures!

NuclearWarfare

Pandyssia Space Exploration launched its second Sovereign-class starship, and immediately had to deorbit due to a bug in the game. The three crew members returned with three evac pods. The other three were used to deorbit the spacecraft, but the coupling of the docking ports and the pods' parachutes were enough to bring it down safely.

3EqnDAV.jpg

8Js8hPa.jpg

qJM6ohS.jpg

kymvWnZ.jpg

PSE's aviation team came up with the idea of a light SSTO spaceplane that is capable of gliding in thin atmospheres. Thus, the XK-class stratoglider was constructed. It is powered by two SABRE engines, and capable of running them even in very thin air. Its closed-cycle functioning time is very limited, though.

CFU8TRE.jpg

15CCZs4.jpg

(I totally did not leave the HUD turned on to brag about my first successful landing from orbit at KSC.)

NOHWLTm.jpg

I am so mad. I have never seen an eclipse from the surface.

Orbit? Plenty of times.

I was finishing a manned orbital mission from Duna and I landed RIGHT on the beach.

Decided to do a little after-mission photo-shoot with the Kerbals and my friend Salamore0 says:

"You should get an eclipse"

I try to EXPLAIN to him that it just can't be done - the angle would be wrong.

I look over my shoulder: BOOM, eclipse.

Jeb messing around outside my space station's new habitation module

diaWbg5.png

Nice shot of the station as it now orbits.

XLzjl1Z.png

Also not really KSP, but I am now the proud owner of a copy of the December 1969 issue of National Geographic Magazine!

BJoj8rr.jpg

Jeb messing around outside my space station's new habitation module

http://i.imgur.com/diaWbg5.png

Nice shot of the station as it now orbits.

http://i.imgur.com/XLzjl1Z.png

Also not really KSP, but I am now the proud owner of a copy of the December 1969 issue of National Geographic Magazine!

http://i.imgur.com/BJoj8rr.jpg

That habitation module is spectacular!

O _ O does it have an exterior as well?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My Apollo-style b̶o̶w̶l̶i̶n̶ ̶p̶i̶n̶ rocket:

Javascript is disabled. View full album

Edited by Overfloater

Darn. I've always wanted to make stock cockpits, and my cobra replica even had a two seater stock cockpit. Maybe I should try to make some planes to accompany my space fleet. I already have an anti satellite F-15 ASM 135 I posted.

I went to the desert for Jeb's holiday (for science, of course!):

PHyPo0H.png

Oh, and then there's Jeb fooling around, doing his best cactus impression:

AXwset6.png

If you look really closely, you can see that he's not a real cactus. Surprisingly, he's not the lopsided one in the background, blame the landing for that (unsurprisingly).

Edited by Shna_na

Plan-Ex Electron Dart probe on the way to Jool. This made me realise that I never ever want to sit through another ion engine burn to Jool again.

cobX8l8.png

Also, the Libra is en route to Duna now:

NHRJ6ZN.png

Kerbin Spacedock II is essentially complete:

GBOM0c8.png

And finally, a new Munar station in the works, StarLab:

bGpbBkm.png

Lots of new stuff on the space station, now named "Juggler Station" for all the modules I've moved around and some complex maneuvers to do so.

DOHRZJa.png

Solar mast, pretty dang big and hard to maneuver.

6t54spB.png

Installed KAS for reasons. Here's Bill and Bob working on installing maintenance ladders and illumination so that night operations aren't as dark.

YwG4UrH.png

Here's some of the reasoning for the renaming: Solar Mast and Arrays went from top to side, connected to the Utility/Cargo Storage Module, and the ACICAM went from the back to the top.

EJQ8wWE.png

Bill and Bob after performing some critical maintenance. The station was randomly hit with a terrible case of the wobbles, so they had to go out and use the KAS struts to stabilize everything. Much more stable, although the event did make me consider turning off the attitude control that keeps the station oriented the same way relative to the planet (cupola downwards). In the background you can see the two vertical masts that make up part of the station now: the Solar Mast on right and the Docking Array on left.

a7vlP5v.png

A darn cool shot from the cupola. Not much needs to be said. This one will be going up as the background to my Twitter page. :D

Fun Fact: Juggler Station is the only vessel, debris or controlled, in this save at the moment. Hooray for self-disposing launchers!

Edited by OrbitusII

... And i mean, this game is similar to *** and pizza in one thing. Even when it is bad it is still pretty fantastic:

JNc1UCk.png

Dont worry, the pilot survived:

c6qkhu6.png

Edited by Joecool

I wanted to share a wierd anomaly i witnessed while on kerbin. and testing a wreck... ehem* a spaceplane prototype, while fooling around, note that the gravity hack was not used in the making of this.

tNvAasH.png

YGgLvyT.png

Ummm, fredbas?

RQYj6y9.png

Joegee, what do you think you are doing?

Ov1pn4I.png

I wanted to share a wierd anomaly i witnessed while on kerbin. and testing a wreck... ehem* a spaceplane prototype, while fooling around, note that the gravity hack was not used in the making of this.

-snip-

It's a ladder thing: the guy was the wrong way up on them. He reached the top of the climb and appeared to be floating like so, this could be to do with the non-stock part that he was on. The collision box for it could be wonky.