[AAR] The Grand Tour - Voyage To The Planets

czokletmuss

I think you missed something, folks :)

It wouldn't be the fact that Rozer said they're running on fumes... would it? Unless they have a separate ascent stage, they're in trouble :0.0:

Of course, I could be missing something as well. I guess we'll just see...

It wouldn't be the fact that Rozer said they're running on fumes... would it? Unless they have a separate ascent stage, they're in trouble :0.0:

I saw that too, and Rozer told them to make sure the habitation module is ready. I dont think they are leaving and only Rozer knows that...

You are missing something, I know what there is, and that's just from using the HOME mod. *hint hint*

Umm, wow, great chapter, and i still don't like rozer, I still hope he dies.

Thanks! Well, what can I say - you'll find out what happened Soonâ„¢!

It's never this freaking dramatic when I'm doing my missions...

Hey, it's a Grand Tour after all :)

I never thought I wouldn't want Rozer to die, just when this was getting good :(

But the question is :dramatic pause: is he dead?! :lightning:

Yup, you will see and you will see Soonâ„¢ :)

Well I hope Rozer just passed out.

Or did he?! :dun dun dun:

I saw that too, and Rozer told them to make sure the habitation module is ready. I dont think they are leaving and only Rozer knows that...

The hint about Rozer's current state is more obvious than this ;)

You are missing something, I know what there is, and that's just from using the HOME mod. *hint hint*

Well, you think you know... or do you?!

I like Rozer, I can relate to him, logical,no morality , rarely shows emotion.

Just like me!

(Wait, no morality, obsessed with science? Rozer is GLAdOS!)

OH MY KOD - THE NEUROTOXIN!

I think he only passed out. Who knows, he could've died.

If so, he kinda deserved it. But death is awful! Noone should die!

jk-rowling-youre-adorable.jpg

Good chapter :D

Thanks! Next one is half-ready - screenshots are done, script is more or less ready and what's left is to write it all down. No ETA this time though.

Hopefully Rozer isn't dead, despite what he has done, I don't really want there to be any more deaths. Great chapter, great cliffhanger once again!

Thank you :) Well, I guess if there was a job for writers, I could put "cliffhangers" in my curriculum vitae as my specialty :D

I think I cracked the case: the KSC planned on Rozer and Sid to be the first colonists on Laythe. The Laythe lander is actually a habitat which cannot reach orbit. Once Laythe's habitability is proven, the KSC plans to colonize Laythe full scale.

Sneak-peek into the next chapter:

3o6EiK0.jpg

ETA SOONâ„¢

Great Chapter! Sort of off topic here, but it would be really dramatic if Jeb were to show up back at Kerbin alone after months of no communications between the ship and Kerbin.

Yeah, quite OT :) And who knows what would happen? One can only wait for the next chapter to find out :P

Rozer has been my favorite character throughout this entire thing. Though I do occasionally pronounce his name as Razer when I am tired.

I'm really glad to hear this - I was doing my best to make sure the characters aren't one-dimensional.

When RNG created this name, I thought it sounds kinda lika "razor" and it's way too cool to not use it in the story :)

IMMA FIRIN MA RAZOR!

But seriously, did Rozer die?

:dun dun dun:

Rozer needs to clean up his act, or I'll clean it up for him*

*once I get it to Jool...

Oh, I see what you did there! It may be needed indeed, 'cause this mission is becoming a mess. And the orders from the KSC are, let's be honest, just garbage. They are lucky that "Proteus" isn't such a space cruft. And-

Okay, I'll stop now.

I think I cracked the case: the KSC planned on Rozer and Sid to be the first colonists on Laythe. The Laythe lander is actually a habitat which cannot reach orbit. Once Laythe's habitability is proven, the KSC plans to colonize Laythe full scale.

Fascinating. But is it TRUE!? :dun dun dun:

Naaw! Rozer's just got some wiring, an old fish tank and some duct tape. Home built electrolysis kit! Instant rocket fuel... unless the ship uses Kerosene based instead of hydrogen :)

There's nothing you can't fix with some duct tape. It reminds me how one of the KASA's engineer was trying to fix a leak in a nuclear reactor with it.

:beat:

Well, he died - but still, it was a valuable experience.

Edited by czokletmuss

There's nothing you can't fix with some duct tape. It reminds me how one of the KASA's engineer was trying to fix a leak in a nuclear reactor with it.

:beat:

Well, he died - but still, it was a valuable experience.

But I'm sure that engineer became an even lovelier shade of green.... fluorescent even!

True, so true. Did you know that the first and only vehicle repair on another celestial body was done with duct tape (see Apollo 17)? I mean, if we can do that with duct tape, what will the Kerbals do with it? :D

I always find it funny how we repaired the most expensive vehicle ever made with duct tape.

UPDATE

Next chapter is coming together nicely. Besides playing Grand Tour (I'm a little ahead of the current chapter right now) I have tons of fun playing carrer mode with new mods, like RemoteTech and Deadly Reentry. It's a pity GT can't use them:

jfULyfD.png

363T70D.png

As you can see, all roads lead to Jool :) So expect new chapter rather sooner than later, folks!

EDIT: Oh, and to improve performance I decided to delete all the debris. Say goodbye to these old and forgotten parts:

kPDh7Cp.png

ksYeEQA.png

But there was... something I couldn't force myself to delete:

ly6R2AA.png

Edited by czokletmuss

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.