Resurfaced - Backwards Compatible PBR Stockalike Shaders for KSP [v1.2][KSP 1.12.5]

Beale

7 hours ago, Birdman31 said:

Just wondering, how does this work with Textures unlimited? is it compatible?

TU could load the resurfaced shaders (but you would need to make TU configs),  and vice versa the new Shabby could load the TU shaders (but you would need to make shabby material configs). But, I must stress Shabby+Resurfaced is the intention here :) Any other combo would void warranty.

This + Shabby was designed to be a lot more lightweight than TU, and indeed it does a lot less / is more simple, but we did not need all the features of TU.

5 hours ago, Cheesecake said:

Is there a problem with SAF? The fairings are no longer transparent in the VAB.

That's a side effect of Deferred rendering, and is something being worked on AFAIK.

When you render deferred, you can't do transparency, so to get transparency, you have to render the fairings forward again, or use dithering to get pseudo transparency. Dithering is probably the way to go, but remains to be seen.

Not related to Shabby / Resurfaced and out of my hands unfortunately, Blackrack is of course aware and still working on Deferred currently.

58 minutes ago, Beale said:

That's a side effect of Deferred rendering, and is something being worked on AFAIK.

When you render deferred, you can't do transparency, so to get transparency, you have to render the fairings forward again, or use dithering to get pseudo transparency. Dithering is probably the way to go, but remains to be seen.

Not related to Shabby / Resurfaced and out of my hands unfortunately, Blackrack is of course aware and still working on Deferred currently.

Actually this isn't entirely true, and I do need to implement dithering on the shaders here, it's more to say we haven't decided yet.