[WEB APP] Ribbon Generator [1.1.2] [ABANDONED]

As stated just a few post back, on the op and on the FAQ page, I am not the creator of the ribbons, I only made the generator. You should contact the user "Unistrut" for any questions like that.

I have sent a mail to Unistrut already. So I think I will have to wait for an answer.

• 4 weeks later...

Actually Nereid when i saw your mod, i was about to suggest to you to team up with Moustachauve and Unistrut but i guess you beat me to the punch :-). Keeping fingers crossed and hoping for a nice mod soon.

On a side note, have forum settings changed ? I can not see the Edit Signature field for the life of me.

Can any1 help me find it ?

EDIT: Found the option. Was not activated as I just registered to forums.

Edited by Grunf911

I have a hard time remembering which ribbons are for which celestial bodies. WOuld it be possible for their name pop-up on mouse-over? Kinda like when You put annotation for picture in HTML code with alt="annotation"?

Have always loved this site... I update it even though I rarely post on the forums anymore. I also use flags generated from here for every mission I do.

On that note, there's some stuff I'd really love to see on the flag generator that aren't there at the moment...

Ship Icons for: Rover, Aircraft & Multi Part

Beyond that, it'd be cool to be able to enter a line of text or two (something I do anyway myself, but it'd be even easier to do it at this stage!)

It should be back now. I am still trying to figure put what happen

The site seems a little buggy, sometimes the ribbons which are shown for each planet/moon while making the ribbons don't show. Although, when I clicked submit, all the ribbons were shown and in the correct place so it doesn't matter too much.

It does seem however, the ribbons are not showing in peoples signatures.

My website have been having issue since this morning. The issue was that a file have been modified to refuse access to everyone. I did not made this modification, and since I revert it, the performance have been very slow, so I guess there may be other changes, so this is why I am making the website unavailable until I review all the script to make sure there is nothing changed anywhere else. The database is fine and have not been touched, so you should not fear for your passwords. I am working to give access back to the website as fast as I can.

My website have been having issue since this morning. The issue was that a file have been modified to refuse access to everyone. I did not made this modification, and since I revert it, the performance have been very slow, so I guess there may be other changes, so this is why I am making the website unavailable until I review all the script to make sure there is nothing changed anywhere else. The database is fine and have not been touched, so you should not fear for your passwords. I am working to give access back to the website as fast as I can.

YAY! You are Awesome! And thank you for the quick turnaround!

A major problem was fixed in the image generation code. I am pretty sure it is this bit of code that created most of the problem that occurred Thursday. I think the problem was that if an image didn't contain any ribbons and had a special order, but no ribbons in the order, the website would start to output tons of errors to a logfile. This made the website very slow, until my host simply denied the access to my website to everyone to prevent too much load.

The website should be back to normal speed right now, and the errors should be fixed. Sorry for the inconvenience.

EDIT:

My host just messaged me that we are reaching the ceiling of what my plan provides me. I have two choice: keep it like that and the website could become slower and slower, or pay more to get a more powerful server. I sadly don't have the budget to go for the second option.

Edited by Moustachauve

My host just messaged me that we are reaching the ceiling of what my plan provides me. I have two choice: keep it like that and the website could become slower and slower, or pay more to get a more powerful server. I sadly don't have the budget to go for the second option.

[sARCASM]That's what you get when you make something this awesome![/sARCASM] Seriously though, this shiz iz da bomb! I think it's awesome to be able to show off where you've been and what you've done on the forums.

Might I suggest trying to find a cheaper web hosting option that offers more memory/bandwith/data overhead?

My host just messaged me that we are reaching the ceiling of what my plan provides me. ....

It is possible to use your site to generate the ribbons, but then each user may save the image and upload on another host.

This would minimize the traffic load so, I believe, not requiring you to change plan or provider.

But, would you agree on a similar solution?

Might I suggest trying to find a cheaper web hosting option that offers more memory/bandwith/data overhead?

Thank you. For what I've seen, this is the cheapest host I could find which provided unlimited bandwidth. The memory allocated to the host plan is never showed, though, so I can hardly search based on this.

It is possible to use your site to generate the ribbons, but then each user may save the image and upload on another host.

This would minimize the traffic load so, I believe, not requiring you to change plan or provider.

But, would you agree on a similar solution?

This is something that I could easily do, but then you would have to say goodbye to the stat (Does anyone even look at them?) and it would add a little step to the process.

This is something that I could easily do, but then you would have to say goodbye to the stat (Does anyone even look at them?) and it would add a little step to the process.

Stat? what stat ? (of course you're right). And you're right to consider whatever it would take for other users to do that, even if it is a simple easy step. But I believe most people on this forum to be bright and fine, so at least a good number of them may actually do that additional step (or two), if that helps.

BTW, if donations are needed to help keep your server online, I must admit that is very well hidden (can't find coordinates for a donation anywhere).

The update is really just the fix I made since my script started to output errors since a couple of days. I also tweaked a couple of thing. I don't have the right format of image to do a grand tour shield generator nor the time and Unistrut isn't really active (At least, I haven't see him in a while), so it will not happen soon

The update is really just the fix I made since my script started to output errors since a couple of days. I also tweaked a couple of thing. I don't have the right format of image to do a grand tour shield generator nor the time and Unistrut isn't really active (At least, I haven't see him in a while), so it will not happen soon

If you need the image, I have the layered grand tour shield as a GIMP file. Is there a different format you need for it or will that work whenever you get the time?