Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

JaredTheDragon... That's quite the ludicrous spacetruck jalopy you got there... How many redneck kerbals can hitch a ride?
So far, only one kerb in that there S3 cabin. Might make a variant for fuel delivery or more kerbals, but I did a full redesign last night from the ground up and made some progress.

SSTO, to the Mun, and back. It flies smooth and drives pretty well, too! Uses a little too much monopropellant, but lands nicely back home. I used a fifth fusion engine down below for VTOL in low gravity, instead of failing over and over to use lander legs to prop it back up on its engine-booty.

9DSyJ2L.jpg

Dco1c0U.jpg

JqCLyZl.jpg

R8EGtCO.png

This is my first post here, thought to share My wheely rover heavy landed on MUN, falls off and survives if you catch it quick enough.

The KSP tank and motors make a good heavy material lander....8) regards, Algwat.

screenshot32.png

Hi all,

Looking for a bit of help here. I want to test out these rovers posted by Moraru but I'm unable to locate any parts by SpaceTech... I'm thinking they were lost when spaceport went down? I've searched the forums meticulously.

If it doesn't violate the license for the Spacetech parts, would anyone mind sharing them?

hope u guys like the pic& crafts

souz2.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img829/7487/souz2.jpg

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fqbsokriefxkcx1/STTI%20ROVERS%20BY%20MORARU.zip

*** some rovers are super heavy and likely unbalanced weight wise. Recommend to use mech jeb & lots of monoprop.

** mods needed inorder to work: b9 aerospace, spacetech

* follow the speed limit of every individual planet- other wise ull crash

***MECH JEB NO LONGER NEEDED

47078120.jpg

http://imageshack.us/a/img844/7971/47078120.jpg

these are the only 2 items needed from the mods

* st radial engine- by space tech

* Y1 protective cap by tetragon projects

If it doesn't violate the license for the Spacetech parts, would anyone mind sharing them?

Thanks for taking the time to consider the license – the original Spacetech parts didn't have a license, so we must assume All Rights Reserved, meaning no redistribution. :(

This is 100% stock

I was fairly angry when my Mega-Truck was attacked with no means to defend itself.

In these hard times giant trucks should have the right to self defense. So I have made something new.

cIZeBjQ.jpg

PyqMjFO.jpg

K8mWqaH.jpg

Download the WIP version here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/t22yno02mfs345m/AKV-200%20Missile%20Tank.craft?dl=0

It basically is controlled the same way as the old mega-truck.

To read more about the "Old Mega Truck" http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/threads/109311-Jon-s-Mega-Truck-Mountain-Climber

The firing system is pretty simple. Just aim the turret at the target and shoot.

Hot-keys 1-4 fire each of the 4 missiles individually.

Enjoy

Edited by Jon144

This has been my most successful lander thus far. Still not sure why I used docking ports, guess I figured it could be dropped from higher up with parachutes but totally forgot. I'm happy with it :)

VMSV2yi.png

UGOFqYm.png

The top image is the successful lander - the bottom is my Rover Mk. 1

- - - Updated - - -

2591706926_07e4ddf729_z.jpg?zz=1

Humbly submit for the consideration of the Forum. Jeb's Off Rover. After all, science can look cool too. Jeb's new wheels outside the KSC, and deployed at a mun-base ready to go drive about. Not exactly stock... It's got SurfaceLights, RollCage (and associated wheels), Nuclear generator from NearFutureElectrics, but it does do 120mph across the surface of the Mun. At least, It'll do that briefly, then it does 120mph through lower-Munar-orbit with an undisclosed, unpredicatable amount of rotation around x, y and z : - )

1uGGKGAkW49p

Edited by Loopback7084
Image link not working??

• 2 weeks later...

The Kolonist Mk2:

A light personal transport vehicle. I use it to ferry kerbals around KSC or large bases on Duna.

It could be used as a micro rover but it has not RTGs due to its minuscule size. It can be unmanned too, it has a core.

During the day:

screenshot4.png

Top view:

screenshot5.png

Night view (It has a light in the back for when a kerbal isn't in it):

screenshot6.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.