Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

Now at your local Weezl Motors, it's the Kea Kerb Burner Spyder Edition personal transport!

Cheap as chips, ugly as sin, and absolutely unbreakable as a rock, the all-new 2014 Kerb Burner Spyder turns those unnerving obstacles into just another bump to jump!

eWKdOfV.png

Kea pulled out all the stops and included luxury extras on all models, such as:

Full-time hi-beam road lights: STOCK!

rKHRvLY.png

Full-time blinding rear hi-beam tailgater lights: STOCK! (No really, that's the rear end. Stop laughing.)

lrlQGqI.png

Driver entry convenience package: STOCK!

WLt3MIf.png

Convenient interior lights: STOCK!

7cbBN2w.png

Premium KM Satellite Radio with free 1 year subscription: STOCK!

Act now, and Weezl Motors will include at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE a licensed HoonGear ground effects lighting upgrade kit! GUARANTEED to be annoying as hell or we'll take it back, NO QUESTIONS ASKED!

RxUF5rB.png

The all-new Kea Kerb Burner Spyder! It only sort of looks like a mating jumping spider. Find it at your local authorized Weezl Motors dealership today!

Actual demonstration vehicle not stock. Additional purchases may be required

Tax, title and destination charges extra, some restrictions may apply depending on locality. See dealer for details.

DOWNLOAD

YNB8yur.jpg

"I got mine! ....anybody wanna help with the pedals?"

Edited by Deadweasel

I have to show you something really HUGE!

Can anyone please tell me how to update pictures directly from my pc? (without using URL)

You can't. They have to be shown with a third-party site. What's wrong with imgur? It works fantastic and doesn't cost anything.

1. Go to Imgur.com
  2. Register for a free account
  3. Click on the Images tab at top right
  4. Drag your image onto the page (it will upload automatically)
  5. Click on the image thumbnail when it shows up
  6. Click the pages icon under the line that reads "BBCode (message boards & forums)"
  7. Come back here and right-click and paste, or Ctrl/cmd-V
  8. Hit Submit Reply
  9. ???
  10. PROFIT!!

KSP is rocket science. Uploading and linking images however, is not. People have been doing it since AOL was the biggest gig around and Netscape was the browser of choice. Get up and learn a thing or two now and then, you'll appreciate having made the effort.

2EkavkV.png

This is my munar rover. It was sent up to survey the munar surface. Sadly it didn't last long because i wrecked it. RIP

kSSjqHp.jpg

And this is the rover i sent up with my first manned mun mission. The three brave kerbanauts you see are no longer with us, but the rover is.......abandoned on the mun

Edited by rustylugnut

This is a fairly simple unmanned rover. I'm actually quite proud of the lander design. It can get all the way to Duna, although I haven't quite figured out how to get there with enough fuel to land.

83908796A560B3DE914C45886C9AEFF8918876D8

FCED57A56335BEAD5270EE1A188A07E1C4302919

0DAE2280F97DEC74EFBCF9CA5B8EAC24649E22C8

27EA37D18AA882DB15A5591A9B3BBC4BB35DFF70

A919B0F7CF21CF1B82A5524A9C2D6E3CA5F5C0C1

264F548D49E60E1268894BB8BFCC743329161DAD

989753A2D7B3D8B874E3A32995CBFBF468C0AE7A

FE6DEF868916170306B4D6FCDC8F0198571516F0

For Duna, take off All if those SAS units and nose cones, replace the cones with 4 parachutes, and possibly put a 1.25m probe core on the center tank of give you some extra torque. Won't need a fully powered landing inside Duna's atmosphere, tho you might want to use the rockets to slow yourself just a little before landing. By taking off all those SAS units that you don't need you'll save yourself probably 300-400 m/s of deltaV

Box Craft2 Rover

Testing out the rover and delivery system. Working fine. :-)

lTni9p0.png

http://i.imgur.com/wuZ943g.png

http://i.imgur.com/8XPglMT.jpg

Operation Test on the Mun (Taking it out for a spin)

http://i.imgur.com/7O0GW6k.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/B7WbUeo.png

http://i.imgur.com/28NuOLT.png

Landing was a little close... but no problems :-)

BJ Quest

Edited by BJ Quest
Mun Operational Test :-)

Here's my Apollo inspired rover. I built the first version before seats were implemented, landed two of those on the Mün. This version has been improved in various ways, here seen on Moho.

RoverCrew_zps304c4a83.jpg

RoverComposite_zpsd6a6d1ff.jpg~original

New rover Eeloo Ant

Twice heavier than old Equilibrium

What are those red and white striped antennas? Been wondering that for ages :S

Here's my new rover for Kerbal transportation. I have mainly focused on making it handle really well, which I think it does. And I have yet to manage to flip it over when I've tested it on the KSC grounds. Not even driving it over obstacles while making sharp turns at the rocket launch pad has managed to flip it! Though I have busted a few wheels. I will perhaps add more seats after I've tested it on Mun and Minmus.

Javascript is disabled. View full album

What are those red and white striped antennas? Been wondering that for ages :S

They are stock parts, you find them under the science tab, they're among the first 2 parts I think xD They only show the retracted state though in the parts browser (just like solar panels appear in their folded up state in the parts browser).

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.