Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

u3HDcpr.png

The first landing of the ERV-1 (Exploration rescue vehicle 1.) "Jet" landing with a (somehow) resurrected Jeb eager to drive.

F8QMPRU.png

Jeb and the Jet with "Tank" Rock. I named it that because it looked like a tank from the first named rock by me "Hal Rock" that I did not take a screenshot of because I marked it with a flag. The tank rock is northeast of Hal Rock.

The hemispheres are windows from lack lustre labs, and the dome is Thor's heat shield from the Thor probe. The weapon is a sunbeam laser, the neck section is a procedural fairings base.

Black lines are novapunch struts, there are some mechjeb packs on there, and infernal/damned robotics makes the head swivel.

There are some larger RTGs from the hybrid ion pack inside, and last, but very essential, lots of little dummy weight parts to prevent the whole thing from tipping over.

So quite a few.

It's good fun.

2gkrVSz.gif

But you don't want to hit space accidentally. Unless you've already crashed.

vxh3fuZ.png

Edited by Tw1

Just made this bad boy. Sent it to the Mun without even testing it! haha

"Hound MTR-2"

10AtexH.jpg

PhGswgO.jpg

The look waaayyyyy too excited for the test run!

xBWO6bP.jpg

This is what it replaced..........a bit of an upgrade, I'd say.

U58SQxJ.jpg

Found this during the test drive.........that skycrane landed a few days ago. Wow. MPG through the roof!!

nMuOmsa.jpg

This thing can flip about 6 times with only minor cosmetic damage.(7-9 m/s flip) It's pretty tough. These work 100% to flip it back over, just gotta play with the throttle a bit.

Jeb "T-10 seconds to launch!"

Geofwell "Um, Jeb, this isn't a rocket....."

Jeb "........fine, have it your way....."

cAQ6lVN.jpg

Flip your probe body 180 degrees. They're directional.

I tried, but in the editor, it's a super pain in the behind. Because the symmetry puts on the other side backwards after I separate it, this having to build the other side from scratch. As long as I have pilots, this isnt really an important issue for me. Thanks for the advice though!

slap a JRport on the front or an okto and control from there.

I have 2 okto2's on the front, but they didn't fix the problem. I have space on the inside near the front, would that be the place to put it? I'll keep playing with it, thanks for the advice!

I have 2 okto2's on the front, but they didn't fix the problem. I have space on the inside near the front, would that be the place to put it? I'll keep playing with it, thanks for the advice!

right click the core an press said button

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.