Post your Rover MEGATHREAD

HoY

3bEuW.gif

Some call it the future...

We call it Hexwalker.

Just imagine Bill Jeb and Bob standing together with Crowbars on the end of the Runway trying to stare this little Spider-Robot to death before running away into the SPH to get into their Lazor-Weaponized Mechwarriors :D

Preview from MultiWheels 0.6, which'll be out soon. (Isn't yet though!)

The engines actually are doing the work, they aren't dummy or a resources trick. Wheels are new roversize multiwheels (also coming in next release)

*wrings hands anxiously*

SWEET! Can't wait!!

KMMC motors has quite a nice lineup of kerbal automotive engineering. All models are Jeb approved!

The engines actually are doing the work, they aren't dummy or a resources trick. Wheels are new roversize multiwheels (also coming in next release)

Sweeeeeet. They gonna slide the same way the Fwheels/Zwheels zitronen made do?

Edited by Kenobi McCormick

What wheels? I wasn't aware of any other wheels with sliding capability but my ones.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/33512-0-20-2-better-and-more-realistic-wheels-for-the-Kerbals-who-are-still-alive

The small ones absolutely nail the sliding perfectly with no plugin necessary, and the big ones come pretty damn close.

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/33512-0-20-2-better-and-more-realistic-wheels-for-the-Kerbals-who-are-still-alive

The small ones absolutely nail the sliding perfectly with no plugin necessary, and the big ones come pretty damn close.

Oh neat. Maybe I'll try these out or speak to the author to tune Multiwheels a bit more. I've set up Multiwheels 0.5 (the currently out one!) to slide and it also tyre smokes when enough sliding happens. The behavior of the new wheels in Multiwheels 0.6 is very similar to that of the old ones in Multiwheels 0.5, so if you have that or pick that up, you'll see what its like. Only big difference I suppose is now there is resource consumption, and power variable on your choice of engine(s).

Oh neat. Maybe I'll try these out or speak to the author to tune Multiwheels a bit more. I've set up Multiwheels 0.5 (the currently out one!) to slide and it also tyre smokes when enough sliding happens. The behavior of the new wheels in Multiwheels 0.6 is very similar to that of the old ones in Multiwheels 0.5, so if you have that or pick that up, you'll see what its like. Only big difference I suppose is now there is resource consumption, and power variable on your choice of engine(s).

As far as I can tell he set his up to slide entirely through the unity wheel friction settings the game natively supports and uses on the vanilla wheels...which Squad apparently set to 9001. Lots of trial and error.

Check out the development of our complete rover kit, The RollKage pack....equipped with custom Kerchelins!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/34014-WIP-Rover-RollKage

we sometimes sneak out models for testing, but expect a big release soon.

Its as much fun to drive as it looks! Handles like you would imagine. Great fun in low gravity or normal gravity.

YsQZ90v.png

qQqBfvM.png

VVzkpNf.png

Edited by angusmcbeth

Check out the development of our complete rover kit, The RollKage pack....equipped with custom Kerchelins!

http://forum.kerbalspaceprogram.com/showthread.php/34014-WIP-Rover-RollKage

we sometimes sneak out models for testing, but expect a big release soon.

Its as much fun to drive as it looks! Handles like you would imagine. Great fun in low gravity or normal gravity.

YsQZ90v.png

qQqBfvM.png

VVzkpNf.png

I swear that someone else uploaded that first...

the many faces of tropis

M.K.S.U

lfZesdg.png?1

(scans ant tests kethane deposits for quality)

KREW

htFdLOa.png?1

(carries 6 passengers across long distances)

RELIC

dSgxvtD.png?1

(travels to easter eggs drops a probe and moves on)

STANDARD

bwZUpgu.png?1

(high speed low grav traverser)

ORIGINAL

ezU1iGn.png?1

(now abandoned incarnation)

throughout it`s 67 years of existence it has filled any role you can throw at it(with slight modifications)

EDIT:MOAR VARIATIONS!!!

ROAD

YIRyMkv.png?1

(road legal)

FUEL

R25KlgI.png?1

(small craft refueler)

RESCUE

HnELo4g.png?1

(the empty space in the middle is for toolkits and the like)

Edited by Spartwo

I've been wanting to make a large-scale munar (and possibly Duna) rover/mobile base capable of carrying 3 Kerbals, is completely self sustained (who needs sunlight), and carries a separate rover. This is the first to *almost pass* the testing phase; the ever so sexy-named "Termite Queen". Basically it's a driving B9 Aerospace cargo hull with wheels, a few generators, and a Firespitter bomber nose thrown in for good measure. I'm still in the Kerbin testing phase, but I've almost got all of the bugs worked out. Probably the coolest feature is that it has the small aircraft landing gear mounted under each wheel section. That way, even if I completely rip off a few wheels I can keep using it.:)screenshot110_zpsdabc669f.png<a  href=%7Boption%7Dhttp://i1328.photobucket.com/albums/w522/MrIronMoose/screenshot111_zps4710f29f.png' alt='screenshot111_zps4710f29f.png'>screenshot115_zpse4fc87d1.pngIt's powered by fear :)screenshot108_zps120a4709.pngTraining wheels!screenshot109_zps17c0919d.pngStill needs a bit of work...screenshot116_zps407a866a.png

I swear that someone else uploaded that first...

If you mean the buggy below, then yes, that was my original model. It was on spaceport a short while. If you mean someone else has made a rollcage before, I couldn't find it, thats why I made one.

QSjqK8e.jpg

We are adding new different parts too, and well on the way to making a complete rover...

FcZbDN2.png

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.