[0.21.x] Kerbal Crew Manifest v0.5.5.0 Released! 0.21 Compatible!!!

vXSovereignXv

This plugin will allow you to add or remove crew from parts while on the launch pad or transfer crew between parts in the same vessel. You can also edit/add/remove custom crew members in your available crew roster provided that they are not part of an active flight (or dead). You can also enable Kerbal Permadeath in the settings if you are so inclined (Disabled by default).

As with all mods, it is suggested that you backup your persistence file before installing this mod.

Downloads:

Spaceport

Dropbox

Sourcecode

Instructions:

In the flight scene:

Click on the Manifest Icon to show the Manifest Window.

Crew Manifest:

To Add or Remove Crew you must be landed at the Runway or Launchpad. Select the part from the top list (the part will be highlighted in yellow). The bottom list will show the crew of that part and actions that can be performed (Add or Remove).

You can also open the Crew Roster window to add specific Kerbals to the selected part. Click the "Add" button next to their name.

Crew Transfer:

To Transfer Crew, click the Transfer Crew button at the bottom of the Manifest Window.

A new window will popup. You can select a part on the left and move crew from that part to the select part on the right (or Vice Versa).

The left selected part will be highlighted in green while the right selection will be highlighedt in red.

Clicking the "Out" button will send the Kerbal to the other selected Part.

Use the "Update Portraits" button to refresh the crew portraits if they did not load correctly during transfer.

Crew Roster:

To open the Crew Roster, click the button on the Crew Manifest window

To Edit a Kerbal, click the edit button next to their name. Kerbal names in Red are assigned to a Vessel and cannot be modified.

Name, Courage, Stupidity, and the badass flag can all be modified.

Click the "Apply" button to submit changes. Cancel will revert your changes.

To Remove a Kerbal click the "Edit" button next to their name. Click the "Remove" button to remove the Kerbal.

To Create a Kerbal click the "Create Kerbal" button at the bottom of the window. This will generate a semi-random Kerbal that can be further modified.(Uses the games code. It's not entirely random.)

Click the "Apply" button to add the new Kerbal to the Manifest.

Spacecenter Scene:

The Manifest Icon is enabled on the Spacecenter scene. Clicking the Icon here will open the settings menu where the button position and Permadeath flag can be modified.

License:

You may use, modify, redistribute the code as you please.

Version 0.1
–Initial Release

Version 0.2
–Added ability to remove crew members through the context menu. The option is only available when landed at the lauchpad/runway and there are Kerbals in the the module.
–Plugin now uses an accurate count of Kerbals that are in the module

Version 0.2.1
–The Crew Portraits now update correctly when adding Kerbals to pods
–The download package now includes the entire part folder for each part. Apparently the MAC OS doesn’t know how to merge folders.
–Built against 0.18.2

Version 0.2.2
–Kerbals are no longer “Killed†when they are removed from a part. (Thanks CaptainArbitrary for suggestion)
–Built against 0.18.4
–Updated package with 18.4 stock parts

Version 0.3.0.0
–Revamped the interface and reworked all the code.
–Vessel only Requires one Manifest Module to be attached to manage all parts in that vessel.
–Crew can now be transferred between parts in the same vessel
–Included a single manifest part. It can be found in the science tab. It uses the same model as the Gravity Sensor.

Version 0.3.1.0
–Fixed a bug that could cause a wrong Kerbal to be transferred.

Version 0.3.5.0
–Added a button to the transfer screen to reset the crew portraits. Use this if the portraits don’t update after the transfer.
–Some UI tweaks
–Added the ability to add crew to a part from the crew roster. You can now pick what Kerbals you want in your modules.

Version 0.5.0.0:
–You can now add/remove Kerbals from your Crew Roster. The changes are saved at the same time as the persistence file is saved.
–Kerbals in your roster can be edited if they are not assigned to an active vessel (or dead). You have full control over their personality and name.
–Removed requirement for having a part. This mod is now activated by a UI button similar to the alarm clock mod.
–You can destroy the old crew manifest part by using the click menu
–Window positions now persist between game sessions.
–Additional UI tweaks as well as behind the scenes prep for UI rework.
–There is an option to allow Kerbal permadeath. This is enabled by setting the EnablePermadeath flag in the Plugindata config file. Disabled by default. Enable at your own peril!

Version 0.5.0.1
–Fixed issue that broke game save when restarting a flight in which Kerbals died while Permadeath was enabled.
–Fixed issue where the ui button would disappear after restarting a flight.
–Fixed issue that caused the mod to still require a part with the CrewManifestModule attached. Part is no longer required.
–Fixed issue where kerbals were flagged as Available after transferring between modules.
–Fixed issue that caused Kerbals to be flagged incorrectly as available when restarting a flight.

Version 0.5.1.1
–Cleaned up icons a bit
–Added settings menu to the Spacecenter Scene

Version 0.5.2.0
–Compatibility Fix for version 0.20
–Note: Settings persistence is still broken so the settings menu is disabled for now. This effects window position and button position persistence. Kerbal permadeath is disabled for now as well.

Version 0.5.3.0
–Fixed the persistence stuff to work with version 0.20. All features re-enabled!
–Added a debug console that can be enabled in the settings menu. This really only helps me develop to mod, but it's there.

Version 0.5.4.0
–Fixed issues loading the settings file/icons in Linux/Mac (Hopefully)
–Added a button for Fill Vessel and Empty Vessel to the Crew Manifest Window.
–Added ability to respawn dead Kerbals. A respawn button will appear next to dead Kerbals in the roster window. Must be enabled in the settings menu on the space center screen. Disabled by default.
–Changed color coding of Kerbals in the roster window. Red = Dead, Yellow = Assigned, Green = Available

Version 0.5.5.0
–Compatibility fixes for version 0.21
–Can no longer remove a Kerbal from the Crew Manifest
–Permadeath option is now disabled since it’s in the game now.

Known Issues:

The portraits don’t update when transferring from a part with an Internal space to another part with an Internal space. Use the Update Portraits button to update them if this happens.

crewmanifestinspace.png

createakerbal.png

Edited by vXSovereignXv

I used the old version for a while and just recently updated. Now my game seems to randomly crash every so often, usually when going to launch a rocket. I’m fairly certain the issue isn't due to insufficient hardware (6gb of RAM on a 64-bit OS, i7 processor, ATI 5870 gpu, etc). Any way I can get a crashlog to you, maybe you can make more sense of it than me?

I used the old version for a while and just recently updated. Now my game seems to randomly crash every so often, usually when going to launch a rocket. I’m fairly certain the issue isn't due to insufficient hardware (6gb of RAM on a 64-bit OS, i7 processor, ATI 5870 gpu, etc). Any way I can get a crashlog to you, maybe you can make more sense of it than me?

If you have a link to it I can try and take a look. I'm not sure what in my plugin would cause a crash though.

You made the gui so much smoother now , and cheers for making it changable position and for the new features :D

Not a problem. I'm glad you like the changes.

I've installed the plugin into the right folders, but nothing appears when I launch the craft.

I'm using KSP 0.19 Linux-x64.

You have the latest version from here or Spaceport correct? There was a problem with a version I posted on Reddit that would not load correctly at times. Other than that I'm not sure what the problem would be, but I have not tested this first hand on Linux. Has any other Linux user seen any problems?

You have the latest version from here or Spaceport correct? There was a problem with a version I posted on Reddit that would not load correctly at times. Other than that I'm not sure what the problem would be, but I have not tested this first hand on Linux. Has any other Linux user seen any problems?

Yeah, I have the latest version from here, though I'll try reinstalling it. I don't know of any other KSP Linux users, though I've seen several on the subreddit. Should I create a thread asking if others have the same problem?

I can also try running the mod in the Windows version under Wine to see if the problem persists.

Edited by Stirlitz
Quote formatting

Edit: so apparently you don't need a part anymore, but I'm still not sure how to open the crew manifest. Is there something in the installation process I'm missing?

This button should appear in the upper left corner by default. You will need to make sure that the CrewManifest.dll is in the plugin folder. Also you need to copy the contents of the plugindata folder from the mod package to the plugindata folder of your KSP install.

manifestbutton.png

any reason behind the HUGE lag me and a few others I know are getting when trying to open the crew roster button or edit a kerbal?

I haven't seen any lag opening the roster window. There isn't much really going on there that could cause it. Maybe if the roster was massive, but it'd have to be really massive.

Yeah, I have the latest version from here, though I'll try reinstalling it. I don't know of any other KSP Linux users, though I've seen several on the subreddit. Should I create a thread asking if others have the same problem?

I can also try running the mod in the Windows version under Wine to see if the problem persists.

Yes see if you still get the problem with Wine. I'll install Linux when I have some time to see if I can reproduce as well.

any reason behind the HUGE lag me and a few others I know are getting when trying to open the crew roster button or edit a kerbal?

Hit Alt F2 before you do it to bring up the debug log. Alt F12 is the Debug hacks, in case you are confused by what I mean.

This button should appear in the upper left corner by default. You will need to make sure that the CrewManifest.dll is in the plugin folder. Also you need to copy the contents of the plugindata folder from the mod package to the plugindata folder of your KSP install.

Thank you very much! Silly me was opening the folder that's in the download and trying to copy the files directly into KSP plugindata instead of just the crew manifest folder into plugindata. It's amazing what a little sleep can do for cognitive function!

I think the reason the icon isn't appearing on Linux is that, as Linux filesystems are case-sensitive, it's looking for the data in PluginData/crewmanifest, and the folder you distribute is called CrewManifest. I was able to fix this by copying CrewManifest to crewmanifest, but you should probably fix that in the distribution as well.

I think the reason the icon isn't appearing on Linux is that, as Linux filesystems are case-sensitive, it's looking for the data in PluginData/crewmanifest, and the folder you distribute is called CrewManifest. I was able to fix this by copying CrewManifest to crewmanifest, but you should probably fix that in the distribution as well.

I did this as well when looking through the folders, though it didn't work. Maybe I copied it from the wrong one. I'll try again with a clean install.

And AFAIK, Mac does the same thing.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.