(0.23) Wayland Corp. Development and released download Thread (new parts)

Devo

What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...  

47 members have voted

1. 1. What classic ship would you like to fly next? these are in production...

• Biodomes from "Silent Running" w/animated doors and delivery system
    • ALIENS Marine Dropship (fully animated]
    • ALIENS APC Transport
    • ALIENS: The Sulaco
    • Star Wars - YT-1300 Milennium Falcon, Low poly, fully animated (landing ramp, cargo bay etc)
    • Star Wars - Boba Fett SLAVE1 (fully animated)
    • Star Wars - Rebel B-Wing fighter.
    • Star Wars - Original X-Wing.

Might as well through this out. My reaction when I first got to space ->

lol... I couldnt understand a word the cat was saying... need subtitles! :)

Well, on that note, I should probably make a mention, I will be joining Sirkut with Magic Smoke Industries (MSI) and assisting with the full time undertaking of establishing Infernal Robotics. As some of you may be aware DYJ isn't all that keen on working on DR anymore and has given Sirkut (who really is probably one of the best people that could have undertaken the responsibility) permission to create the offshoot.

I did originally ask Sirkut to join Wayland Corp, and he cordially accepted but I have to also accept the fact that I don't have the inspiration to work on big packs anymore like the Pegasus kit, or the dropship and APC etc. I always feel that if I had kept things simpler I would have been able to increase the quality level somewhat, but as I've said to a few people now, I seemed to just create unrealistic deadlines for myself and then rush to meet them, when in reality there was no need to rush. It's just a bad habit of mine that I am still trying to kerb.

So yes, I am afraid this is the end of the Wayland Corp mods for now. I'm still making mods, but as I said am dedicating all my resources to the new Infernal Robotics pack. Not a big surprise to most, you knew I was sorta getting over it. I don't know how bobcat does it, to keep up with him I would need to quit my full time job and literally make mods 7 days a week (which I'd love! but it doesnt pay the bills unfortunately)

I have been a big fan of R4mons and DYJ's Damned Robotics since forever. Most of my personal craft use it in some way, whether its to simply rotate an engine or to build giant grabbing claws.. for me it's been one of my most valued mods and I look forward to the opportunity to adding some new and interesting parts to the pack.

I am still supporting the mods I have made under Wayland Corp, so the thread will stay open and I will probably add the odd mod here and there, there was still alot of unfinished things that need to be released, but I wont be posting any more big projects, not for the moment anyway. I want to thank everyone who supported my mods over the past year and a bit, it was you that kept me going and you that made it hard to put it aside, but I feel I can make a valuable contribution to this community by working on the Infernal Robotics pack and would prefer to put my time into something more necessary.

Devo,

You, Sirkut and Infernal Robotics are a winning combination. Glad to hear you are going to continue to be active in the KSP modding community. Am looking forward to the cool stuff you and SirKut will bring to life.

See ya in The Black!

Well, on that note, I should probably make a mention, I will be joining Sirkut with Magic Smoke Industries (MSI) and assisting with the full time undertaking of establishing Infernal Robotics. As some of you may be aware DYJ isn't all that keen on working on DR anymore and has given Sirkut (who really is probably one of the best people that could have undertaken the responsibility) permission to create the offshoot.

I did originally ask Sirkut to join Wayland Corp, and he cordially accepted but I have to also accept the fact that I don't have the inspiration to work on big packs anymore like the Pegasus kit, or the dropship and APC etc. I always feel that if I had kept things simpler I would have been able to increase the quality level somewhat, but as I've said to a few people now, I seemed to just create unrealistic deadlines for myself and then rush to meet them, when in reality there was no need to rush. It's just a bad habit of mine that I am still trying to kerb.

So yes, I am afraid this is the end of the Wayland Corp mods for now. I'm still making mods, but as I said am dedicating all my resources to the new Infernal Robotics pack. Not a big surprise to most, you knew I was sorta getting over it. I don't know how bobcat does it, to keep up with him I would need to quit my full time job and literally make mods 7 days a week (which I'd love! but it doesnt pay the bills unfortunately)

I have been a big fan of R4mons and DYJ's Damned Robotics since forever. Most of my personal craft use it in some way, whether its to simply rotate an engine or to build giant grabbing claws.. for me it's been one of my most valued mods and I look forward to the opportunity to adding some new and interesting parts to the pack.

I am still supporting the mods I have made under Wayland Corp, so the thread will stay open and I will probably add the odd mod here and there, there was still alot of unfinished things that need to be released, but I wont be posting any more big projects, not for the moment anyway. I want to thank everyone who supported my mods over the past year and a bit, it was you that kept me going and you that made it hard to put it aside, but I feel I can make a valuable contribution to this community by working on the Infernal Robotics pack and would prefer to put my time into something more necessary.

Damn bro, I loved/still love Wayland Corp, I am a very huge Aliens maniac.....but hey, looking forward to seeing what you come up with over at the other team....

Edited by mrsinister

Most of the words is SPACE

You must go, Devo. Your planet Infernal Robotics needs you!

(Will you keep some of the simple of your mods updated? Like the wheels or the station cores? It would be a shame to see all of these mods fall into disrepair.)

You must go, Devo. Your planet Infernal Robotics needs you!

(Will you keep some of the simple of your mods updated? Like the wheels or the station cores? It would be a shame to see all of these mods fall into disrepair.)

Let's hope no future updates break these mods. I use the wheels and freelancer pods often. Just started using the WT51 also. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Finally have something to fit my TT trucks into so I can launch them.

Let's hope no future updates break these mods. I use the wheels and freelancer pods often. Just started using the WT51 also. It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be. Finally have something to fit my TT trucks into so I can launch them.

I will still support everything I've done, I'm not going anywhere :) I just don't think it's fair to have a tonne of works in progress and teasers that I know probably won't get into the game due simply to time constraints. All the testers who have graciously devoted their time to helping me balance things unfortunately are just that, testers - so any modifications to anything sort of need to be done by me and that can be very time consuming when you have more than a few mods to update. Now, if I had a tester/mod maker that would be a different story as they could actually fix the problems they find and update the part. That's another reason I asked to work with Sirkut, I didn't ask anything of him and within a day or two he added IVA's to my pod and freelancer rover without even having any of the original files besides the spaceport download. The guys a legend. I'm just happy to be excited about doing something, you will probably find that with a bit more drive behind what I am doing then other things will fall into place.

I will still support everything I've done, I'm not going anywhere :) I just don't think it's fair to have a tonne of works in progress and teasers that I know probably won't get into the game due simply to time constraints. All the testers who have graciously devoted their time to helping me balance things unfortunately are just that, testers - so any modifications to anything sort of need to be done by me and that can be very time consuming when you have more than a few mods to update. Now, if I had a tester/mod maker that would be a different story as they could actually fix the problems they find and update the part. That's another reason I asked to work with Sirkut, I didn't ask anything of him and within a day or two he added IVA's to my pod and freelancer rover without even having any of the original files besides the spaceport download. The guys a legend. I'm just happy to be excited about doing something, you will probably find that with a bit more drive behind what I am doing then other things will fall into place.

And not to mention real life's issues and things going on. :) I understand, and I for one, will love to see what you come up with and bring to the scene at IR. As a side note...after seeing someone make a 1:1 scale (compared to kerbals I believe) enterprise....my mind went immediately to an idea... how about the Sulaco with Devo's awesome animations n' style.....ya know..opening dropship bay....and some type of attachment inside to pick up (attach to) and move into drop position and release.....but I digress.....I cant wait to see what wonderful creations you come up with at the new team. :)

Im gonna try to do it myself, but can I ask for an update on the Pegasus to 20.2 status?

Within 24 hours, I would usually ignore a request for an ETA but I spent all day finishing it..

I didnt just make it 0.20.x compatible. Since so many people had issues with the engines and mechjeb versions, I removed the mechjeb component and they are now stock liquid engines.

I also split them (original still available, you just now have more options)

The reason I split them is the PegasusX-3 has morphed slightly into a valkyrie type craft, capable of straight runway configuration but switching to pure VTOL and able to hover.

image.php?id=738C_51D6CCA7&jpg

Also a new release, which I think will be fun for people, I sure found it fun.. I made it for Leonov but its just so damn versatile I decided to release it...

image.php?id=D22B_51D6CCA7&jpg

http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/0-20-x-hyper-ring-tank-dock-wayland-corp/

Best docking system I have found for the WT-51 is from BoatParts R3. The system ID made to dock planes on the carrier works perfect for large rovers in the WT-51. Even if you dont use boatparts its worth downloading to nab those docking ports.

edit: is the hyper ring only supposed to have nodes on the center part??

Edited by KhaosCorp

Real quick Devo, first I will say the usual, I really love your gear and use it on tons of my builds. Now a bit of crit, or maybe just a request. Could you please make your forklifts have variable up and down? Also a tilt feature would be great as well. I know your a busy guy, and again, I REALLY appreciate all that the modding community has done for KSP. Most of us know that KSP might not have much of a future if it were not for you guys and the very hard work you put into play. I have held a license to operate forklifts(yes most employers require this) for 20+ years, and not having tilt, or the ability to move up and down in a variable fashion is driving me crazy man.... Please fix this buddy.

Thx and tons of Love from Oregon

Dren

Real quick Devo, first I will say the usual, I really love your gear and use it on tons of my builds. Now a bit of crit, or maybe just a request. Could you please make your forklifts have variable up and down? Also a tilt feature would be great as well. I know your a busy guy, and again, I REALLY appreciate all that the modding community has done for KSP. Most of us know that KSP might not have much of a future if it were not for you guys and the very hard work you put into play. I have held a license to operate forklifts(yes most employers require this) for 20+ years, and not having tilt, or the ability to move up and down in a variable fashion is driving me crazy man.... Please fix this buddy.

Thx and tons of Love from Oregon

Dren

Yes!

I actually had an issue where the forklifts were playing havoc with the animations so I had them set, but in the past couple of weeks as you know me and Sirkut have been working on the new Infernal Robotics, of which he has developed a new system to allow me to do just that, control the animations exactly as you said.

Now that this is possible, and I can also make working wheels, I am making a dedicated forklift and forklift body ( 1 seater) The body will some small torque but alot of weight to counterbalance the load you carry.

It will have lift, tilt - everything basically - and it will all be contained in 1 part (except wheels, which I like to keep seperate to allow people to change the types)

Yes!

I actually had an issue where the forklifts were playing havoc with the animations so I had them set, but in the past couple of weeks as you know me and Sirkut have been working on the new Infernal Robotics, of which he has developed a new system to allow me to do just that, control the animations exactly as you said.

Now that this is possible, and I can also make working wheels, I am making a dedicated forklift and forklift body ( 1 seater) The body will some small torque but alot of weight to counterbalance the load you carry.

It will have lift, tilt - everything basically - and it will all be contained in 1 part (except wheels, which I like to keep seperate to allow people to change the types)

Sweet, just what I need to move my ghetto-esk airport lights around! Thanks for update on everything Devo, your mod material is awesome.

nice man. got this baby into a safe orbit on the first flight. (had 250 liquid fuel left and only the 4 standard large SRBs not pictured to help it up.)

xkjeXCc.jpg

HgyH3N2.jpg

edit: whew. So I had a station with plenty of fuel, thought it would be fun to try docking it. Turns out it was made for this job.

DeMzG4L.jpg

ipMNPWZ.jpg

VopJmqy.jpg

Edited by Nazari1382

Devo, just the simple fact you did that Mod, was a nice addition to "making things move" in KSP. I really appreciate your quick response and completely understand how much work you guys have been cranking out. As for the Gantry sliders, those are going to add a HUGE amount of depth as well. Hell, if this community keeps going with guys like you, we will have a completed game all our own... :sticktongue: I love the addition of the lifts to the mk2, as that's my main go to rover. Would like to shoot you a couple ideas soon, will send them in way of PM.

again, lots of high fives and game love to you guys for what you do.

Dren.

This thread is quite old. Please consider starting a new thread rather than reviving this one.