[0.22.X] BobCat ind. Historical spacecraft thread

BobCat

Hmm. So the Energia-Buran (Energy-Blizzard) has been done, does anyone know if Bobcat ever planned on doing the Energia-Uragan? (Energy-Hurricane, for those of us, including myself, who can't speak russian.) It looked really cool, but IDK if it would work. I hope it would though. A completely re-useable orbiter, even down to every aspect of the Launch system.

Pics:

Energia-Buran, that we all know and love:

-snip-

Energia-Uragan, that most people havent heard of:

-snip-

-snip-

Dayumn, that looks beautiful. DO WANT.

Dayumn, that looks beautiful. DO WANT.

Yes, it is awesome. It was supposed to allow the recovery of the entire launch vehicle. Some plans even went so far as to equip the boosters with fold out wings and tails so that they could fly themselves back to a runway for recovery.

gk175-1.jpg

uragan3m.jpg

EDIT: A better pic displaying the boosters and separation:

buran-t.jpg

Edited by Deathsoul097

You have to maintain a steep ascent angle of about 60 with the klipper and you need to start the turn anywhere from 10 to 15 km I have discovered.

If anyone is having trouble with MJ not auto staging the Soyuz lateral boosters just change the fuel values to 999.9 LF 1222.2 OX and MJ will auto stage the laterals

Edited by Virtualgenius

Anyone know the diameter of the Soyuz third stage? I'm going to try to use the KOSMOS packs URM tanks and NK-33 as a interim Soyuz 2-1v until bobcat makes it officially.

As far as wiki says third stage real dimesions is 2.66 m diameter x 6.745 m length.

How do you fly kliper? i find it hard to fly in sub/transonic regime, as well soyuz keeps flipping when im flying kliper on it.

If you do not use FAR, you just have to go directly upwards until you reach 15 kilometers. Then you slowly (SLOWLY) tip it eastwards. When you reach 40 kilometers, you should be pointing nearly horizontally, and at 50 km, you should point horizontally.

Anyone know the diameter of the Soyuz third stage? I'm going to try to use the KOSMOS packs URM tanks and NK-33 as a interim Soyuz 2-1v until bobcat makes it officially.

Its 2m or 2.0 the rescale I use with Procedural Fairings Base is "scale = 1.8, 1.8, 1.8"

&

MODULE

{

name = ProceduralFairingBase

baseSize=1.8

sideThickness=0.10

verticalStep=0.2

extraRadius=0.4

}

Stock examples

1.0= 1m parts

2.5= 2.5m parts

That's awesome. Send it over for testing when you're ready to do it. :) BTW, what exactly are you currently working on? It's been a while since we've had news about the Soyuz.

Bobcat I made this music video about Soyuz T-5 & Salyut 6, maybe it will inspire you. Also have you thought anymore about using the LOK hatch?

Thanks for still working on the Soyuz I thought you had given up... Anyway, It looks great and I cant wait to fly it!